9. UNCERTAIN

January turned out to be a very busy month for the Styles-Tomlinson family. 

Harry had been spending most of his free time doing all the paperwork that was needed to buy the lot they wanted, and to get the loan from the bank, and also get all the permits they needed to be able to starts construction, and see to buying the materials, and hiring a small crew to actually build the house. That, among many other things that Louis honestly had no idea about, because Harry was pretty much doing anything, and Louis was just signing whenever his signature was needed.

And on the other hand, Louis had decided that he wasn't comfortable yet to try again for baby, until he was sure there was nothing wrong with him that could eventually make him miscarry again. So he had spent the entire month going to the doctor, getting exams done and stressing about the results.

So far, though, the results had come back great for him, and now he was only waiting for the last ones, and according to Dr. Moore, if those came back clear, then Louis truly had nothing to worry about.

When he finished with his last patient that day, and he gathered his things to go home, he saw he had a missed call from Dr. Moore's office, and immediately his heart starting beating faster.

Why had they called?

To give him bad news?

Because they wouldn't have called if it was news. If that was the case, they would just have given him the results during his next appointment, which was just 2 days from today.

Louis was scared shitless about calling back, but he told himself that he needed to do it, so he did, and quickly enough their picked up.

"Hi, my name's Louis Tomlinson" Louis said to the receptionist "I'm a patient of Dr. Moore and I have a missed call".

"Yes, Mr. Tomlinson, Dr. Moore was trying to reach you herself" the woman explained "Let me see if she's available right now, please hold".

Louis was put on hold, and he started chewing at his lip as he waited, trying his best not to cry, because that's exactly what he wanted to do.

"Hi, Louis" Dr. Moore suddenly said through the phone "I'm glad you called us back".

"Why?" Louis asked, even forgetting to say hello "Do you have bad news?".

"No!" Dr. Moore denied right away "It's the opposite, it's good news, your last results came back normal, which means there's nothing wrong with you, so if you want to try again,  you'll be able to have a healthy pregnancy like we thought in the beginning".

"Really?" Louis asked feeling relieved.

"Yes" Dr. Moore confirmed "And because of that, there's no need for you to come in on Thursday, but I'm still going to send you the results to your email so you can see them".

"Okay, yes... wow" Louis said starting to feel happy "Thank you so much".

"My pleasure" Dr. Moore replied "Good luck, and hopefully I will see you in my office again if you decide to try again".

"Yes, hopefully" Louis agreed.

They said goodbye, and Louis just stayed sitting there for a few minutes as he tried to process this.

He had been so sure that there would be something wrong with him, and that he wouldn't be able to have a baby.

But he was wrong.

And now they could try again.

Now the question was, were they were to try again?

Maybe...