1. TEST

Louis was pretty sure that he was pregnant.

He had stopped taking his birth control pills almost 3 months ago, and they had been trying for a baby for those 3 months, and now Louis was feeling pregnancy symptoms.

So yeah, he was pretty sure it had happened.

And considering he was a doctor, he could've just tested his urine or have blood drawn at work, but he didn't want to do that, it felt impersonal.

Besides, he wanted himself and his husband to find out together. So that day, he took one of the home pregnancy tests that they kept at the office, and he took it home with him, but when he got there, he hid it in a drawer in his room for the time being.

Louis usually worked until 3 every day, because Tori came home at 3:30 and he liked being home when she arrived. During the 10 years it had taken him to become a doctor, he had missed a lot of Tori's life, specially during the years he had to work at the hospital, so now that he could make his own schedule, he chose to have as much free time as he could for his daughter.

Not that she wanted to be with him all the time, she was 13 after all, but they still spent enough time together.

"Mum, I'm home" Tori said when she arrived that afternoon.

Tori normally walked home from school, because they lived in a safe town, and the school was pretty close to home, but she always had the option to call him or her nan to pick her up.

"Hi, baby" Louis smiled, going to greet her "How was school?".

"Bad" Tori declared as she left her backpack on the floor, and threw herself on the couch dramatically.

"Why?" Louis frowned.

"We had a pop quiz in math and I had no idea how to answer any of it, I'm so stupid" Tori pouted.

"Tori, you're not stupid" Louis assured her as he sat down next to her "Numbers are just not your thing, they're not mine either, and I'm not stupid, or do you think I am?".

"Of course not, you're a doctor" Tori mumbled.

"You just need a little extra help, and lucky for you, your dad is a math genius and he's also a great teacher, isn't he?" Louis asked, because this wasn't the first time Tori had had trouble with math, and Harry had always come to her rescue.

"Yeah..." Tori agreed.

"And I can try to help too if you need help now" Louis offered

"No offense, but no" Tori told him "I'm gonna wait for dad".

"That's fair" Louis nodded, and kissed Tori's temple "And remember, don't ever call yourself stupid again".

"Okay, mum" Tori smiled a little.

"Now are you hungry?" Louis questioned "I can make you a snack".

"Mmm..." Tori considered "No, I'm good".

"Okay" Louis said.

Tori announced she was going to her room, and Louis went to do some laundry, because he hadn't done that in a few days, and he knew the hamper was full already.

He left the machine running, then went to clean the bathroom, and when he was done there, he headed to the kitchen, and he made little oatmeal and honey bites, which he always baked so Tori could take some to school as a snack (Harry was a big fun of them too, and usually took some to work too).

When that was done with that, he changed the already washed clothes to the dryer, and then went to the kitchen again to start cooking dinner.

His afternoons usually went like that, because it was the only time he had to do them, and he didn't like doing them on weekends, because weekends in his house were for resting.