21. TIRED

After their talk about Connor that Sunday, there was no more mention of him whatsoever, not from Tori to her parents, or even between Harry and Louis.

It was as if had never happened.

And to be honest, Louis preferred it like that.

Connor only caused headaches, and he had enough on his plate already to be worrying about him.

Right now he was 26 and a half weeks pregnant, and his belly was huge, it honestly looked like he was 9 months pregnant with a single baby, and he also felt like he was 9 months pregnant. He was having constant back pain, his feet were swollen all the time, he was having trouble sleeping some nights.

And because he was insane, he was still working, which was exhausting, specially because every day he had to come home to do house work. Luckily, because Tori was on summer break, she was helping around the house a lot, and sometimes (and without asking her) Louis' mum came in the morning and did some house work and cooked for them (and also kept an eye on Tori), so when Louis came home from work, he was able to rest.

The worst part, was that Harry had been working late a lot the past two weeks, which Louis hated, but he hadn't complained, because he knew his husband's job went through some very demanding periods like this one, and it paid really well, and they needed the money. And that added to the fact that Harry was overseeing the building of their house (which was coming along great), left him with little or no free time.

"Mum" Tori said coming into Louis' room.

He had come home from work, and went straight to lay down on the bed, as his back and feet were killing him.

"Yes?" Louis asked.

"I'm gonna go meet up with my friends, so can I have some money, please?" Tori begged.

"Tori, your dad gave you £20 over the weekend" Louis reminded her.

"I don't have any of that money left" Tori said sheepishly "But I'm okay with just £10 now".

"I'll give you £5" Louis decided, and reached for his wallet.

"£5?" Tori asked horrified

"Yes, because lately you've been acting as if money grows on trees, and it doesn't, your dad and I work really hard to earn it, and you need to learn the value of it" Louis decided, and offered her a £5 bill.

"But mum..." Tori complained.

"This is all you're getting" Louis told her.

Tori huffed in annoyance, took the £5 bill, and walked out of the bedroom, and left the house just 5 minutes later.

And that left Louis alone with the cat.

"It's you and me alone again, Sprinkles" Louis said to the cat, who was on the bed with him.

At night Sprinkles usually slept in Tori's room, but when it came to naps, she was always there to nap with Louis. And considering Louis napped almost every day after work, Sprinkles was user to that routine now.

And today would be no different, and Louis turned to the side, put a pillow under his belly, pulled a blanket over his body, and closed his eyes.

When he woke up, it was because he heard a noise, and when he opened his eyes he realized the room and the house was completely dark, but there was someone in the room.

"Harry?" Louis asked, although he knew it was him.

"Hey, sleeping beauty" Harry said as he turned on the lamp on the bedside table.