29. CHANGES

Connor's visit left Louis jumpy for the rest of the morning and early afternoon, so much that he wanted to call Harry and tell him about it. But he knew his husband was very busy at work (he had actually come home late all week) and he didn't want to disturb him, so he decided to just wait until he got home later that  day.

What he did do, was call the office of the lawyer that had helped with Harry's adoption of Tori, and he made an appointment for the following week, as he wanted the lawyer to assure them that Connor's words were just empty threats, and that he could do nothing.

But even after that, he kept checking out the window, to make sure Connor hadn't come back, and it reached the point that when the time Tori left school approached, he decided to go pick her up, just in case Connor had decided to stay in town and was lurking around.

Louis had made sure to take a good look at his car, though, and if he saw it anywhere near his house or Tori's school, he was going to call the police, it was as simple as that.

So he got the twins in their car seats in the car, and then drove to the school, and as he waited for Tori to come outside, he looked around to make sure that Connor's car wasn't there, and thankfully it wasn't.

He had texted Tori saying he was coming to pick her up, but he wasn't sure if she had seen it, so he kept his eyes on the entrance of the school so he could see her come outside.

When he finally saw her walk out of the door, he noticed she was walking next to a boy, and she was talking animatedly to him as she twirled her blonde hair with her finger.

He had never seen her act like that.

Was she flirting with him?

It certainly looked like she was, and the boy seemed very interested in whatever Tori was saying.

But who was that boy?

He looked familiar somehow.

He suddenly saw Tori look at her phone, and then she looked around, and when she looked in the direction of Louis' car, he waved at her, and she saw him, because she turned to the boy, probably to say goodbye, and then walked to the car.

"Hey, Mum" Tori said as she got in the passengers seat.

"Hi, baby girl" Louis replied "How was your day?".

"Fine" Tori shrugged as she put on her seatbelt "Why did you come pick me up?"

"I took the twins out for a drive to get them to sleep, and decided to get my first baby too" Louis explained, or more like lied, because he wasn't sure if he should tell Tori about Connor's visit.

Tori looked at the back of the car, and even though the car seats were rear facing, they had those car seat mirrors to be able to see the babies.

"They're both asleep" Tori pointed out.

"It's the car effect" Louis said as he started driving again.

Because that wasn't a lie, both babies always fell asleep in the car, it was pretty magical.

"So who was that boy you were talking to?" Louis asked curiously.

"Uhm... just Oscar" Tori replied.

"Lizzie's brother?" Louis questioned,

"Yeah, Lizzie didn't come to school today, she has a stomach bug or something, and she asked me to give Oscar her Chemistry book from her locker so she can study for the test on Monday" Tori explained.

"I haven't seen him in a while, I didn't recognize him, he's a lot taller than I remembered him being" Louis considered "How old is he? 16?".

"Not yet, he's turning 16 next month" Tori explained "Why?".