24. SISTER

TORI

When Tori's parents left, it was about 10 to 6 in the morning, which meant she could've gone back to bed for a while, but she was wide awake now, so she didn't.

Instead she went to take a shower, then got dressed to go to school, made her bed, fed Sprinkles, cleaned the litter box, washed her hands, and made herself a cereal bowl.

As she ate she thought how weird she felt being home alone at this hour, but she wanted her parents to know that she was capable on doing things on her own.

So when she finished eating, she washed her bowl, put it away, brushed her teeth, and then went to her parents room and made their bed.

Yes, that would show them.

Then she grabbed her backpack from her room, and her lunch from the fridge (which her mum had left ready the night before, he always did that), and she left the house, making sure to leave the front door locked like her dad had asked, and started walking to school.

She wondered how long it would take for the twins to be born...

She also wondered if her mum was in a lot of pain, the movies always made giving birth look like the most horrible and painful thing in the world, and she didn't like thinking about her mum going through that, so she tried to think about something else.

But as she reached the school and went inside, she realized she couldn't think about anything else, she was too nervous for her mum, but also excited.

"Hey, Vicky" Lizzie said coming up to her.

"Don't call me that" Tori rolled her eyes while she opened her locker.

"I'm just teasing you" Lizzie replied "What's going on? You seem weird".

"I'm just nervous for my mum, he and my dad left for the hospital this morning" Tori explained.

"The twins are coming?" Lizzie smiled.

"Yeah" Tori replied.

"Awww, I bet they'll be so cute" Lizzie cooed.

"Yeah...".

"Why are you nervous? It will be fine, babies are born every day" Lizzie said casually.

"I know, but I keep thinking something could go wrong, they're a month early" Tori explained.

"Nothing bad will happen" Lizzie assured her "Now let's go to class".

Tori agreed, as just as they walked in the classroom, she saw a text from her nan, saying she was picking her up after school, so Tori just texted an 'ok'.

For the rest of the morning, Tori kept being anxious, and the fact that her parents hadn't told her anything made her even more nervous.

When lunch time came, Tori grabbed her lunch from her locker, and headed to the cafeteria, and quickly found Harper, Anya and Reagan, Lizzie wasn't there yet. She had already say hi to them at some point during the morning, so she just sat at the table, and looked at her phone, hoping for an update, and she was happy to see a text from her dad.

From Dad: just wanted to check in, mum's doing great, the twins are still in his belly, it will probably be a while until they're here. We love you xx

To Dad: thanks for the update 😊😊😊 love you both and the twins

"Who are you texting, Tori?" Reagan asked her.