12. CURIOUS

Louis was currently 10 weeks pregnant, and he was still hiding it from Tori and the rest of his family.

It was very hard to hide it at this point, because he looked undeniably pregnant to anyone who looked at his body, but he was doing what best he could with loose clothes.

But they had been to Louis' parents over the weekend, and he caught his mum staring at him a few times, so he was sure she knew, or at least could guess it, but she didn't say anything.

Tori, on the other hand, lived in her own teenage world, so she hadn't noticed a thing, and Louis was happy about that.

"I'm home!" Harry called.

"Kitchen!" Louis called back.

He heard his familiar footsteps approaching, and then he appeared at the kitchen.

"Hey" Louis smiled at him.

"Hi, baby" Harry said, and went to give him a peck on the lips, a little rub on his belly, and then looked at all of the stuff Louis had out to cook "What are you making?".

"Veggie curry" Louis explained "I'm really craving it".

"I love that" Harry smiled "Where's Tori? In her room?".

"No, she went to Lizzie's after school, they had to do a project together" Louis explained.

"Should I go pick her up now?" Harry asked as he started eating some peanuts Louis wanted to put in the curry.

"Uhm... what time is it?" Louis looked around for his phone but it wasn't there.

"It's almost 6" Harry answered looking at his watch.

"Not yet, then, she said they would be done at 6:30" Louis answered "I was going to ask you to pick her up on your way home from work, wait... why are you home so early?".

"I had to go to the house to check on some things with the contractor" Harry explained.

It had been a long process so far, but they had already bought the lot, gotten all the permits they needed, and about 3 weeks ago, they had broken ground on the house.

There was nothing actually built yet, as Harry had explained a lot needed to happen until they could start putting up walls, and he was the expert, so Louis believed anything he said about it.

"Is everything okay?" Louis wondered.

"Yeah, everything's great" Harry grinned.

"Good" Louis smiled "Now help me cook".

Louis kept focusing on the curry, and Harry made the rice to go with it, but at some point Harry left to go pick up Tori, and Louis set the table while the chili cooked on the stove.

But when it was ready to serve, Harry and Tori still hadn't come back, which made Louis worry because Harry had left over 45 minutes ago, and Lizzie's house was only 10 minutes away by car.

So he was about to call them, but that was when he heard the front door opening and closing, and he heard the voices of his husband and daughter, and he went to say hello.

Tori was still wearing her school uniform, and her long blonde hair was tied in a high ponytail, but what caught Louis' eye was what his daughter was holding in her arms.

"What is that, and what is it doing in my house?" Louis demanded.

"Isn't she perfect, mum?" Tori smiled, and walked up to him to show him a calico kitten "Her name is Sprinkles, because of the diferente colors".