37. HERE

The expectation of the upcoming trial was eating Louis up, and he knew it was doing the same to Harry, and also Tori.

Although for the last couple of days, he had noticed Tori was a lot less anxious, which he was happy about, but also curious, because right after their meeting with the lawyer, Tori had been left very upset.

But she wasn't anymore, and it was strange, because it was Thursday, and the hearing was on Monday.

Louis tried to shake the thought of the trial and Tori from his head because he was working, and he needed to focus on his patient, who had come in with a pretty bad rash on his arm.

But Louis was able to figure out what caused it, and after prescribing him a medicated ointment for it, he was ready to go home.

"Have a good day, Mr. Rogers" Louis said and shook his hand.

"You too, doc" Mr. Rogers replied, and left his office.

That was his last patient of the day, so Louis was free to go home now. But before leaving, he decided to check his phone. He usually always checked it in between patients, just in case anything happened to his babies, and they needed him. And thankfully, since he came back to work, nothing had happened to them, and he knew it was because they were in great hands.

But when he looked at his phone this time, he saw a miss call from Rachel, their lawyer.

That worried Louis a little, had something bad happened?

So he called her back right away, and she picked up after a few rings.

"Hi, Louis" she greeted him.

"Hi, sorry I didn't pick up before, I was with a patient" Louis explained "Is everything okay?".

"Yes, everything is great actually" Rachel replied.

"What do you mean by great?" Louis asked confused.

"The court just notified me that the lawsuit was dropped" Rachel declared.

"What?" Louis asked feeling shocked.

"I was as surprised as you were, but Connor Harrington's lawyer filed the paperwork yesterday, so it's done" Rachel explained.

"Oh my god" Louis said, still in shock "That's amazing".

"It is, yes".

"Did he say why he did it? Why he dropped it?" Louis questioned.

"He didn't give a reason, it's not required by law" Rachel answered "But he probably knew he had more chances of losing, and didn't want to keep wasting money".

"Yeah, maybe" Louis considered "So what happens now?".

"Nothing, it's over, you can move on with your lives as if this never happened" Rachel explained.

"Thank you so much, Rachel, really" Louis said sincerely.

They talked for a few more minutes (mainly about Rachel's payment, because even if the lawsuit was dropped she had done a ton of work anyway), and then Louis ended the call, feeling happier than he had been in a while.

He was tempted to call Harry right away to give him the news, but he decided he rather give him and Tori the news in person.

So he left his office, and got in the car, but before hearing home, he made a stop at his favorite bakery, and he got a small cake, deciding they needed something to celebrate with.