30. SERVED

The week following Connor's visit, Louis and Harry visited their lawyer and explained what was happening, wanting to know if there was any risk to Connor's threat.

And just as she had told them years ago, she assured them that the law was on their side, and that even if Connor tried to sue them, he wouldn't win. Still, she made sure to tell them that if they received any more threats or a lawsuit, to contact her immediately.

But they were still hoping that things wouldn't get to that.

A little over a week later, Harry and Gemma's 30th birthday arrived, and they celebrated it first with a family lunch at the Styles' parents house, but that night they threw quite the party with friends at the Styles-Tomlinson's new house. And it was big enough for Louis to ask his parents to take the twins and Tori for the night, which they were happy to do for them.

And it was fun, a lot of fun, the kind of fun Louis hadn't had in ages, and so did Harry...

"I'm sorry" Harry said as he laid down on the couch after their last guests left.

Their last guests being Gemma and Niall, who were staying at Harry's parents house, and had left Claire with them.

"For what?" Louis asked while he picked up beer bottles from the coffee table.

"I'm drunk" Harry declared.

"I know" Louis chuckled.

"I'm not supposed to get drunk" Harry said, his speech completely slurred "Ever".

That was true.

After Harry's alcohol problems due to his PTSD, he had stopped drinking altogether for years. When he started drinking again about 6 or 7 years ago, at first Louis was a little scared of him going back to his old habits, but he assured him that he wouldn't, that he just wanted to have a pint once in a while, nothing else.

And Louis believed him, knowing that he needed to trust his husband, and thankfully he had kept his word, and managed to keep drinking to a bare minimum, and only did it socially.

And he had never gotten drunk.

This was the first time in over 10 years that Louis was seeing him drunk.

But he didn't think it was a big deal.

"It's fine, babe" Louis brushed off "It's your 30th birthday, that's a once in a lifetime thing, so you get a pass".

"I'm still sorry" Harry said, and yawned.

"Why don't you go to bed, baby?" Louis suggested.

"Only if you come with me".

"I'll be right there when I finish cleaning up" Louis told him.

"We can do that tomorrow" Harry said as he got up from the couch.

"We have to pick up the kids early tomorrow" Louis reminded him.

Harry shook his head, and held Louis by the waist, and kissed his neck.

"Come to bed with me" Harry told him.

"Okay, babe" Louis agreed, knowing that Harry was only going to keep insisting.

Harry smirked, and they went upstairs together, and as soon as they got to their room, Harry sat on the bed, and tried to pull Louis with him.