31. MOTION

The day after they received the lawsuit, Harry and Louis went to see their lawyer, wanting her to have see the papers as soon as possible, so she could develop a strategy right away.

"The entire lawsuit rests on his allegation that he never knew about Victoria until last year" the lawyer declared, her name was Rachel Barton "But you're telling me that's a lie".

"It is a lie" Louis said determinately "He was the first person I told I was pregnant, and he acted as if he hadn't slept with me, and then he spread rumors around the school about me so people basically thought I was sleeping around when in fact he was the only person I was with".

"Were there any witnesses when you told him?" Rachel questioned.

"No" Louis denied "It was just the two of us".

"But Connor met Tori when she was 2, I was there, it was at the park on a Sunday morning, he gave her a doll and left 20 minutes later" Harry explained "I can even tell you what he was wearing".

"I believe you, but you can't be a witness on a case where you are being sued" Rachel explained "Was there anyone else at the park that morning? Anyone that could say that they saw Connor meet Tori?".

"There were some people but no one we know" Louis sighed "But my parents knew we were meeting him that day, and I told Harry's sister about it afterwards".

"But none of them actually saw him there?" Rachel asked.

"No" Harry denied.

"What about the calls and texts?" Harry asked "They talked on the phone a few times back then, and also texted, and Connor asked Louis for pictures of Tori for a couple of years after he met her".

"Do you have those texts?" Rachel asked.

"No" Louis denied "I've changed my phone a few times since then so I don't have the texts anymore".

"But your number is the same? And his?" the lawyer questioned.

"Yes, both are the same" Louis confirmed.

"We could get your phone records, and that would prove that you were in contact after your daughter was born, it doesn't prove what about you talked about, but it would be something" Rachel considered.

"What about that girl, Lou? That girl that was your friend and then dated Connor?" Harry asked looking at him.

"Hayley" Louis remembered.

"Who is she?" Rachel asked.

"She was my friend before I got pregnant, and after I told Connor I was pregnant, he started dating her, so when I told Hayley, and this other girl Farrah, about my pregnancy and that Connor was the father, she accused me of lying and said I was jealous of her" Louis explained "I don't know for sure, but I think she told Connor what I said, because the next day everyone at the school knew I was pregnant, and the rumors started about me being the town whore".

"Are you still in contact with her? Because she could be a good witness, she could say Connor knew that your daughter was his" Rachel considered.

"I'm not in contact with her, the last time I talked to Hayley was when I told her I was pregnant, we stopped being friends after that" Louis said sincerely "So I don't know where she lives, what she does... and I don't know if she would agree to be a witness".

"Why don't you write down all the information you have of her, name, school, last address you know off..." Rachel said as she offered him a legal pad "The other girl too, she could be of help too... if we're able to find them, we can convince them to testify".