20. DISLIKE

The days leading up to Tori's birthday were stressful for Louis, because he kept expecting Connor to call, or even worse, to show up at their house.

But thankfully, none of that happened, and when Tori's birthday arrived on a Wednesday, nothing had changed.

They had a little family celebration on that day at the house, and the grandparents came, as well as Gemma, who brought Niall and baby Claire with her. And Tori seemed really happy being surrounded by her family, especially because she got a lot of presents (mostly from Louis' parents), and she even ate her favorite cake.

Then on Saturday was Tori's beach day with her friends (which she had decided to do after all), and it was thankfully sunny, so they borrowed Harry's mum's car (which had the option of two more seats in the back), and he and Harry took Tori and her 4 friends to Brighton for the day.

But as promised, as soon as they got to the beach, Harry and Louis set up away from the girls, but close enough so they could keep an eye on them. And Harry was so sweet that he made sure to get his husband a nice chair and a beach umbrella, so he would stay safe from the sun, as it wasn't recommended for him to be straight under the sunlight for too long.

But there was nothing preventing Harry from sunbathing, so as soon as Louis was set up, he took of his T-shirt, revealing that strong upper body that Louis always liked to look at.

Along the years, Harry had acquired quite a lot of tattoos, that were spread across his chest, and arms (mostly his left one), and Louis loved looking at them, especially when the sun was hitting Harry's body in the perfect places.

"You're drooling" Harry joked.

"I'm not" Louis rolled his eyes.

"You are, and I'm going to be incredibly kind to you, and I'm going to let you put sunscreen on my back" Harry told him.

"Oh my God, so much generosity" Louis played along.

"I know, some people claim I'm a saint" Harry shrugged.

Louis chuckled, and picked up the sunscreen, and started putting it on Harry's back when he kneeled down so Louis wouldn't have to stand up from his chair.

"I hope the girls remember to put sunscreen too" Louis considered as he spread the sunscreen on Harry's back.

"I think they will, you told them 10 times in the car" Harry pointed out.

"It was just once" Louis corrected.

"Three times at least".

"Fine, but the sun is dangerous, and we're responsible for all of them today, and I don't want to give the girls back to their parents all burnt" Louis said as he finished "You're ready".

"Thanks, baby" Harry said and got up "And stop worrying, we can see all of them from here, and they're fine, so let's just enjoy the beach".

"Okay" Louis sighed.

So while Harry sunbathed, Louis tried to concentrate on reading the book he had brought, which was about raising twins. But he couldn't really concentrate on reading it, as he kept looking over at the girls, making sure they were okay.

At some point he saw Lizzie and Harper going up to the water, and Louis suddenly became afraid of them going too far deep into the ocean, and drowning, but they returned to the other girls about 15 minutes later, safe and sound.

"Harry..." Louis called his husband.

Harry was laying on his back on a beach towel, and he was wearing sunglasses, and when he didn't reply, Louis was sure he had fallen asleep.