15. REVELATION

From Gemma: Hi, Lou! I have confirmation from my doctor that I can have a home birth, and I've been getting all the stuff we need, I just need confirmation from you 😬🙏🏽

It had been a week and a half since Gemma's proposition, and Louis still hadn't made up his mind, it was just too hard to decide.

Part of him felt flattered by the request, and he wanted to say yes, because he loved Gemma and he wanted to do this for her, and he knew he was capable of doing it.

But the other part of him wanted to say no, because he thought it was too much responsibility to agreed to do this for someone so close to him.

What if something went wrong?

He wouldn't be able to forgive himself if anything happened to Gemma or Claire under his watch.

But right now wasn't the moment to make the final decision, because he was at work, but he still replied to Gemma, so she wouldn't be left waiting.

To Gemma: I'll call you later today

From Gemma: ok!

At this point, everyone knew at Louis' work that he was pregnant, and not just because they had guessed it, but because he told them.

He had actually been a little afraid to tell Dr. Carmichael, because he was his boss in a way, and when he did tell him, he assured him that he was going to keep working for as long as he could, and that he was definitely planning to came back to work after the twins were born (not right away, but within a few months).

And the older doctor's reaction had been pretty great, and had congratulated him, and then told him that there was no problem with him going on maternity leave once he needed to, and to just come back when he was ready.

That was definitely a bit relief for Louis, and that added to the fact that the pregnancy was going great so far, made Louis feel great, but not completely at peace.

And that was because of Tori.

Because no matter what, the girl was not changing her attitude towards the babies, and was acting out a lot more than normal, which was infuriating, and Louis wanted that to stop.

When Louis got home that afternoon, he right away called Gemma, wanting to do that before Tori got home.

"Hey, Lou" Gemma picked up "Are you calling to give me good news?".

"This is really hard for me, Gem" Louis told her.

"Please don't say no" Gemma begged "Please, Lou? I need you, you're the best doctor I know".

"You've never even seen me work" Louis pointed out.

"What about that stitch you put in my finger two years ago when I cut myself while cutting a watermelon?" Gemma dared.

"It was the tiniest stitch I've ever done" Louis rolled his eyes.

"But it was also the best stitch anyone has ever done" Gemma declared "And it's why I know you'll deliver Claire perfectly".

"You're clinically insane" Louis shook his head.

"So you'll do it?" Gemma's asked happily.

"I'll do it under 2 conditions" Louis bargained.

"What are they?".

"No water birth; I've never tended to one, and I won't do something I've never done with you" Louis explained.

"That's alright, I wasn't even planning on a water birth" Gemma told him "What's the second condition?".

"That if at any point during labor or during the birth I tell you I think you need to go to the hospital, you will agree, no questions asked".