26. THREAT

After that missed call from Connor, Louis expected him to call again sometime during the same day, but he didn't.

He didn't call during the following days either, which Louis thought was strange.

If he wanted something, wouldn't he have called again?

Maybe it had been a butt dial?

Whatever the case, Louis had other things to keep his mind busy right now, because Harry had gone back to work, meaning he was now home alone with the twins all day.

And it was hard, very hard.

The first day was awful, and Louis even cried out of desperation at some point, and he was sure he was going to have a mental breakdown. The second day, though, things got better, as he learned how to manage the babies better on his own, so by the time Friday came, even though he was exhausted, he felt confident about being able to do this.

"Hi, mum" Tori said coming home that Friday afternoon.

"Hi, baby" Louis greeted her, he was bouncing Jamie in his arms, who had decided that's what he wanted in exchange of not crying "How did you do on the test you had today?".

"Fine, I think" Tori shrugged, as she went to the kitchen, and grabbed an apple "Where's Evie?".

"Sleeping in the bedroom" Louis replied "She cried for 2 hours non stop and ended up falling asleep from all the crying".

"Was there something wrong with her?" Tori frowned.

"No" Louis denied "She was just having a bad day".

"And Jamie?" Tori asked as she stroked her brother's cheek "Are you having a good or a bad day, baby?".

"He's having a clingy day" Louis explained with he kept bouncing him.

"Aww" Tori cooed, looking at be baby with adoring eyes, which was beautiful in Louis' opinion.

"Can we talk about something, love?" Louis suddenly asked.

"What?" Tori asked, and took another bite off her apple and sat down.

Louis would have sat down too, but he needed to be moving, or Jamie was going to cry.

"Your biological father called last week" Louis explained.

Tori's relaxed demeanor immediately changed, her jaw clenching as she set the apple down on the table.

"Did you pick up?" Tori asked.

"No, I didn't even realize he called until I saw the missed call" Louis explained.

"Good, because I don't want you to talk to him, mum" Tori said determinately.

"I know, you told me so last time we talked about this" Louis nodded "But if he calls again...".

"You won't pick up" Tori cut him off.

"I know you don't want me to, but I will so I can tell him you want nothing to do with him, so to stop calling" Louis explained.

"But why even give him that, mum? Just don't answer it" Tori insisted.

"Because I don't want to be dealing with him calling all the time" Louis replied.

"Then block his number" Tori rolled her eyes.

Louis didn't want to tell Tori that he thought Connor could show up at their house if he did that, so he went another way.

"Tori, I know you have your mind set on this, but I think the right choice is to pick up when he calls, that way we'll be sure he won't bother us again" Louis tried to reason.