17. GENDER

Helping Gemma bring her baby into the world had been bittersweet for Louis, because Claire was born just one day before what was supposed to be Louis' due date when the baby he lost.

But between seeing Gemma so happy, knowing that he had his twins coming in November, and talking about it with Harry, made Louis feel less sad.

He had long come to terms with the fact that thinking about the baby he lost was always going to be a sad memory, but he had learnt to live with it, and move on.

Right now, Louis was specifically tying not to focus on that, but on Tori and the twins, because today they were going to find their gender.

Louis and Harry had decided to bring Tori to Louis' doctor's appointment that Tuesday, because they wanted her to feel involved in the process, so she wouldn't feel left out, replaced, or as she wasn't part of the family.

And what had surprised Louis the most, was that when they asked her if she wanted to go with them, she right away agreed.

As soon as Louis was called into Dr. Moore's office, the three of them went in there, and Louis introduced their daughter to the doctor, and she very politely said hello when Dr. Moore greeted her.

"Have you ever seen an ultrasound, Tori?" Dr. Moore asked as Louis laid down on the exam table.

"Uhm... no" Tori said shyly.

She was standing next to Harry, who had his arm around her shoulders, bringing her to his side.

"Well, I'm going to pass this across your's mum's belly, and it's going to show your siblings in this screen over here" Dr. Moore explained pointing at the ultrasound wand first, and then at the screen.

"Okay" Tori nodded.

Then Louis lifted his T-shirt, and pulled down his maternity jeans enough to expose his belly, then the doctor put the gel on it, and started the ultrasound.

"Alright, we're going to check on baby A first like we always do" Dr. Moore said as she focused on the twin that Louis knew was on the right side of his belly.

"Wow, baby has grown so much" Harry said amazed.

"Yeah" Louis smiled at the screen.

Because the baby really had a baby form now, they could tell apart the head from the belly, and the arms, legs and even the feet were more than distinguishable.

"Ready for the big reveal?" Dr. Moore asked, just as Louis saw it in the screen.

"Yes, we are" Harry replied.

"Baby A is a boy" Dr.Moore announced.

"A boy!" Harry grinned.

Louis smiled as he looked at his husband, feeling excited to have a baby boy, and seeing he was happy too.

But then he looked at Tori, and she was pouting a little, but barely.

"Are you disappointed?" Louis asked her.

"I wanted a girl" Tori confessed.

"You're in luck, because Baby B is a girl" Dr. Moore told them.

"Yay!" Tori cheered, her pout changing into a smile.

"Really?" Louis smiled too "So a boy and a girl?".

"Yes" Dr. Moore confirmed "Congratulations".

"Thank you" Louis smiled, and then looked at Harry, who leaned down and pecked his lips.

"You realize this means I was right?" Harry smirked after their lips broke.

"Yes, you were right" Louis admitted.