16. BIRTH

Things were so much better with Tori now, because even though she wasn't announcing to the world how happy she was about having two siblings, she wasn't being rude about it at all.

In fact, she was even asking Louis how he was, and how the babies were, and smiling when Louis told her that they were moving, or when he showed her their last ultrasound picture.

So in Louis' book, that was a win.

He was 16 weeks along, and on Tuesday they had an appointment where hopefully they would found out the gender of the babies, which they were excited about, even Tori had shown a little excitement about it.

And when it came to guessing, all of them and their family members had different guesses: Louis, his mum and Harry's dad thought they would be 2 boys; Tori and Mark said 2 girls, and Harry and his mum were convinced it would be a boy and a girl, while Gemma said she didn't have a guess, but that he wanted them to be a boy and a girl.

And speaking about Gemma, as Louis washed the dishes that Saturday after lunch, she called his phone. So he dried his hands, and picked up right away, because she was just a day from her due date, so she could go into labor at any time.

"Hey, Gem" Louis picked up.

"Hey" Gemma said back "So uhm... I've been having some contractions".

"Okay" Louis said calmly "Are they strong?".

"Not really, and they're really spaced out, but they've been constant for the last 3 hours, so I thought you should know" Gemma told him.

"Yeah, I'm glad you called" Louis told her "It sounds like you might be in early labor, so make sure to time the time between contractions and how long they last".

"Okay, we'll do that" Gemma agreed "When will you come?".

"If you want us to go now, we will, if not I'll go when the contractions are consistently 10 minutes apart or your water breaks" Louis explained.

"Uhm..." Gemma hesitated "No, don't come yet, I'll let you know".

"Alright, love, I'll have the phone with me at all thinks"

"Okay, thanks, Lou" Gemma replied.

They said goodbye, and that's when Louis freaked out a little, because even though he was ready for this, it was still a little nerve wracking.

And instead of going back to the dishes, Louis decided to go tell his husband what was going on. Harry was sitting at the table, with headphones on his ears, and he was going over some things from the house they were building, like budgets and invoices, and whatnot.

"Babe" Louis said, and touched his arm to get his attention.

"Mmm?" Harry hummed as he took off his headphones.

"Gemma called, she's in early labor, so we should be ready to go at any time" Louis announced.

"But not now?" Harry asked, his eyes big.

"Not yet" Louis denied "I'm gonna go tell Tori to be ready so we can drop her off at my mum's house".

Harry agreed, and Louis went to talk to his daughter, who seemed excited to hear her cousin was coming soon, and she told her mum she would be ready to leave when they needed.

So from then on, it was just a waiting game.

They got an update from Gemma at around 6:30 saying the contractions were getting a little more painful, but they were still 14 to 17 minutes apart from each other, so they were going to wait it out on their own for a while longer.