32. HEARING

"I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight" Louis told his husband as they both got ready for bed that night.

Tomorrow was the hearing where the family law judge was going to either grant or deny their motion for dismissal of the case before it even went to trial.

And although their lawyer was optimistic about their chances of winning this motion, Louis was nervous as hell, and right now he felt like he had knots in his stomach.

"Me neither" Harry sighed.

"Harry!" Louis exclaimed.

"What?" Harry frowned confused.

"You're supposed to tell me I don't have to be nervous and that everything will be okay" Louis said sadly.

"I'm sorry, baby" Harry said apologetically "But I'm nervous as shït".

Louis pouted, and went over to Harry, and gave him a hug, thinking that maybe he could give his husband at least a little comfort.

"I don't want to stop being Tori's dad" Harry suddenly whispered.

"That will never happen" Louis assured him "Even if the judge is crazy enough to give Connor what he wants, you will still be Tori's dad, because that's what you are, and that's what she will always call you".

"Yeah..." Harry sighed.

"Harry, I mean it" Louis said as he let go of the hug so he could see Harry's face.

"I know, I know" Harry nodded "It's just been so long since I adopted her, and since we changed her last name, I can't imagine her not being my daughter legally".

"I won't let that happen, we will fight this until the end, okay?" Louis said determinately.

Harry nodded, and gave Louis a small smile, and then a kiss on the lips.

The next morning, they woke up earlier than usual, but tried to act normal around Tori, so not to give away that there was something going on. And truthfully, Tori was too focused on her own things, so it didn't seem like she thought anything was going on.

Harry drove her to school like he did some mornings, and when he came back to the house, they were supposed to leave, but only once Louis' mum arrived to look after the twins.

"Lou?" Harry asked as he came inside the bedroom when he came back "Are you ready?".

"Almost, I had to change my shirt" Louis said as he buttoned up a clean shirt.

"Why are you changing? We need to leave soon, love" Harry reminded him.

Harry was dressed in a suit just like Louis, which even though wasn't his everyday work clothes, he wore suits sometimes when he had important meetings, so naturally Tori hadn't said anything about it. For Louis, it was a different story, because he never wore suits, specially now that he was on leave, so he had only started getting dressed after Harry took Tori to school.

"Jamie drooled all over my other shirt, but I'm ready" Louis said as he finished with the shirt and then grabbed the tie that he had chosen to wear "We still have to wait for my mum, though".

"She's already here, she arrived at the same time I got back" Harry said as he picked up Eva and James from the cot they had in the room, Louis had put them there while he got dressed "Let's go say hi to nan while mummy gets ready, okay?".

Harry left, holding one baby in each arm, and Louis finished tying his tie, and then went to the bathroom to quickly do his hair. But he was annoyed when his hair wouldn't do what he wanted, which was due to the fact that it was too long, and he cursed himself for not remembering to go get a hair cut before this.