thirty nine

A/N: sorry for the massive gap in between updates, just needed a bit of time and I wanted to make this one good for you guys. Hope you enjoy, love you all so much xx

Btw follow me on Twitter @scarwattpad i do most of my update announcements on there lol

Harry opens the door for us and stands back to let me in, propping the door open with his hand. I shuffle myself in slowly and wait for him to shut the door before he helps me out of my coat.

"How was your walk you two?" Anne calls out from the kitchen. Harry and I exchange a look, smiling widely at each other. I haven't really stopped smiling, I don't feel like I ever will.

"Come on" He whispers to me after shrugging off his coat and walking through into the kitchen. I sit down at one of the seats of the kitchen table and Harry kneels down to take off my shoes, grinning to himself as he does so.

"It was great. Got down to the park" Harry replies before picking up my shoes and taking them back to the front door. Anne and my mum are fiddling with some pastry in the kitchen while Peter looks on keenly, a cup of tea in his hand.

"Good on you Elena, you must be tired now though love" My mum replies with a warm smile. She's right I am very very tired, but that's all taken a back seat right about now. Harry walks over into the kitchen and looks over mum and Anne's shoulders before placing a hand on my mums shoulder. She turns her head to look up at him and smiles softly. He takes a small breath.

"I did it" He says quietly to her. For a moment my mum just keeps looking at him, furrowing her brow slightly. Before she lets out a loud gasp, dropping the small spatula she's holding and turns to me.

"He did it ?!" She asks me with tears brimming on her eyes and a wide smile peaking up from behind the hand that's currently covering her mouth. I nod my head slowly, tears springing up to my own eyes based on her reaction. Mum immediately turns back around and tightly hugs Harry around the neck. Harry lets out a small laugh and hugs her back.

"What what is it what is going on?" Anne asks completely perplexed. I look over to Peter, who's giving me a knowing smile. He looks down at the hand in my lap then back up to my face and turns to Harry.

"Something you want to tell your mother, son?" Peter asks Harry with a soft grin. Did Peter know? Since when did Peter know? Harry nods smiling and my mum rushes over to me, tears in her eyes as she kneels down beside me and kisses my cheek repeatedly.

"Mum I asked Elena to marry me, and she said yes" Harry explains softly, placing a hand on his mums back as she looks up at him. The instant the words leave his mouth she lets out a loud and excited squeal before covering her mouth.

"Oh my god!" She cries out happily, wrapping Harry up in a bear hug.

"Oh it's so beautiful darling, are you happy?" Mum quietly asks me, stroking my hair softly. I nod quickly and wipe up some of the tears that have spilled out of my eyes.

"Ridiculously happy" I answer as Anne quickly hurries over to me. Over in the kitchen I can see Harry and Peter shake hands before Harry pulls him in for a hug.

"Congratulations precious girl" Anne says through her tears as she carefully hugs me to her chest. "You've always been a part of our family, only now it's slightly more official" Anne gives me a kiss on the cheek before we look to the stairs to see Gemma descending down them.

"Mum what's with all the screaming the kids are sleeping?" Gemma asks as she and Michael appear at the bottom of the stairs. I answer her by holding up my hand, my new ring weighing my hand down heavily. Gemmas eyes laser focus on the ring and her eyes go wide.