nine

A/N: Hiiiii. Okay IM SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG. I know I left you guys on kind of an exciting note so I'm really sorry that there was a long pause between updates. My university went back online and I've been trying to navigate the distance learning for the last week and it's been stressing me out.

I also just wanted to say thank you for a couple of things.

Thank you for 500 followers!
Thank you for 15k reads on baby honey
And thank you for 245k reads on sugar baby!!

I honestly am in disbelief that sugar baby has nearly a quarter of a million reads it seems so insane to me. And I love that more people are finding it everyday. I love you guys so much, thank you for all of the love and support you give me.

Anyway! I hope you guys like this update. More soon Xxx

The dull throbbing pain in my head suddenly becomes impossible to ignore, forcing me to finally open my eyes and face the day. My eyes stare upward at the ceiling, but not my ceiling, Harry's ceiling.

Oh god, it wasn't a dream.

The previous nights events suddenly flood back into my brain and play over like a mortifying home video. Showing up to the Arcadia and barging my way up to Harry's floor before I basically have to force him to take care of me. The first time I've seen him in four months and I'm drunk and needy, not exactly how I was hoping our reunion was going to go. And I'm even more mortified because of how kind he was to me; making me food, putting me to bed, not trying to take advantage of my state of mind. A true gentleman, who is not laying beside me right now.

The space where he used to lay is empty, the covers having been haphazardly pushed back. I roll over slightly and allow my face to rest in his pillow for a moment or two. The slightest hint of his cologne stains the sheet, a smell I've missed so much. I sit up against the headboard and face the city skyline that I've missed so much. The sky is flat and grey, predicting a heavy shower of rain that the weatherman has been talking about all week. A perfect day for staying inside and getting cosy, but I can't exactly do that. There are some conversations that need to be had.

I pull myself out of bed and go in search of Harry. His shirt hem sits at the middle of my thighs but it doesn't really matter to me, I don't have any other clothes here and he's definitely seen me in a lot less. Trying to keep the noise down, I walk slowly down the hallway and like my head into his study, no Harry. I see four other doors that are shut, rooms that I've never really explored before. Even when I was living here I never truly enjoyed it. I know one of these rooms is the gym and I assume the others are bedrooms or bathrooms. I'm about to try one of the door handles when I hear some noise from downstairs, a pan being placed down on a stove top. I swallow the large and ever growing lump in my throat as I slowly descend down the stairs.

Harry's shirtless back is turned to me as I reach the kitchen, a pair of sweatpants resting on his hips. His muscles are more taut than they usually are, he's been working out a lot since I last saw him. Before I can say anything to alert him to my presence, he spins around and slightly leans backwards.

"Shit, didn't hear you come down" He mumbles in his hoarse morning voice, he hasn't had a coffee yet but I can see a pot on the bench that he's in the middle of brewing. He has a soft and apprehensive smile on his lips sitting amongst a slight hint of stubble. I don't think he could look anymore dreamy; meanwhile I'm hungover, half naked and ashamed.