twenty nine

A/N: sorry this took forever, life got super crazy. I'm writing this half asleep right now so if there are grammar issues forgive me but I'm not seeing them lol.

Thank you for being forever patient with me, it means the world to me that you support me as i try to get these updates out.

Hope you enjoy. Next one up a lot sooner than this one was (fingers crossed x)

Be safe, love y'all xx

Btw follow me on Twitter I post update info, spoilers, answer fanfic questions and lots of other shit 💖

@scarwattpad

"So how is your schooling going Elena?" Harry's uncle Will asks me as we stand in a half circle away from the rest of the party. Harry's gone to get us a few drinks from the garden bar Anne has set up in her backyard. She's gone to so much effort. There's a bounce house over at the far end of the garden, a massive food station set up with just about every dish imaginable and about 50 more people have arrived to join in the festivities.

"It's busy, but it's my last semester so if everything goes well I'll be graduating in December" I tell him with a small smile.

"That's fantastic, anything lined up for afterwards yet?" He asks.

"Not yet, it's only the second week so I'm taking my time with those kinds of decisions" I tell him. I'll be so relieved once this degree is over, but what I do with it after I have no idea.

"Charlie for the last time, I said no" Harry reappears by my side, addressing a marching Charlie, hot on his heels behind him.

"Pweaassseee!?" Charlie's lip pouts outward and she puts her hands on her hip, I don't think I've seen someone so little be so determined.

"What's going on?" I ask Harry as he hands me a sparkling light pink liquid in a mason jar with a small lemon wedge and a metal straw.

"Charlie wants me to get my face painted and I said no" Harry huffs as he explains, gesturing over to a small tent where two older women are stationed with paint kits and glitter and fake diamonds.

"Wait they let the adults get their faces painted?" I ask excitedly, looking down at Charlie, who nods just as enthusiastically.

"Mummy got one" She tells me, pointing her little finger at Gemma on the other side of the garden. A small rainbow is painted on one cheek with a butterfly sitting pride of place on the other.

"Oh we are so doing that!" I tell Harry, squeezing his arm tightly and taking a small sip of the liquid in my hand. It's beautifully sweet with just a small hint of alcohol, I can't let myself have too many of these.

"Absolutely no way in hell" Harry replies flatly, not budging no matter how much I try to gently pull him towards the tent.

"Aw come on! It will be fun!" I giggle softly as he stands firm, shaking his head.

"Sorry love, some lines I just won't cross" He tells me, with the softest hint of a smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

"Well Fine then, Charlie I'll get my face painted with you then. We will leave Mr Grumpy Boring Face here to hang out" I lean down to tell Charlie, who immediately takes my hand and pulls me towards the tent yelling a loud cheer of excitement. I hear Harry laughing as we leave him behind.

Charlie and I take a quick look at the book of designs while we wait for one of the ladies to free up. When one of them does, I sit down in a black plastic chair and Charlie nestles herself into my lap.