forty eight

A/N. Here it is, the final chapter of baby honey. I started this journey what seems like a lifetime ago, pre pandemic and everything ! This book has had a lot of drafts, hundreds of hours, tonnes of spelling and grammar errors and a whole lot of love.

So thank you for taking the time to read it. Nothing in this world makes me happier than this does right here.

I hope you enjoy. Also, please excuse any grammar errors. It's 2am and I think I've checked everything but who can tell when it's 2am

I love you all so much, I hope you like it.

Xoxoxoxoxo

Scar.

Harry's P.O.V

"So, Harry, have you been to therapy before?" Dr. Elizabeth asks me as I sit down in her office. She's an older woman in her sixties maybe, with short white hair and dark rimmed glasses. I felt like I needed to start fresh with someone new, even though my last round of therapy only really lasted one session.

"One time, and I didn't like it" I say as I try my best to relax. I'm going to be open and honest, no matter how exhausting or wrong it feels to tell my innermost thoughts and feelings to a stranger. Maybe I should have had a drink before I came, loosened myself up a little bit.

"What didn't you like about it?" She asks.

"All of it really. Talking about private things isn't my strong suit" I answer. She nods her head.

"So why have you chosen to come today then?" She asks after opening up a file to a blank page. Fucking hell, note taking on my private life, this is going to be brutal.

"The first time I went, I went because I knew it would make my fiancée happy. But this time, I know I probably need it" I answer honestly. It's time to face facts, I should have done this a long time ago.

"In what way do you think you need it?" She inquires. I take a deep breath.

"A lot of the time I don't think I'm a good person, and I've always told myself that I'm fine with that. But I'm at a point now where I love my life, and I want to make better decisions. I want to be a better person basically" I manage to say. Even just saying it out loud sounds weak and pathetic to me. Dr. Elizabeth gives me a soft smile and makes a few notes.

"What about your life do you love?" She asks with a small smile. I see, she's going to soften me up before we have to have the hard conversations.

"A lot of things when I think about it. My fiancée Elena is the biggest one; we've been together on and off for nearly two years now and she's without a doubt the best thing that's ever happened to me. I also have a great family, my niece and nephew are wonderful. Business is booming, my best friends just got married. I have a lot of great things in my life" I tell her with a small smile. Elena's at home right now, our home, packing to spend a weekend at mums ahead of Charlie's birthday tomorrow. And tonight we're having Heather and Benji over for dinner, things are as they should be.

"I take it this relationship is the driving force behind your desire to be a better person?" She asks, a slight smile pulling at the corner of her lip.

"She is, it's like she makes me care about things more, she makes me want to make things better" I try to explain, Elena's impact is hard to explain.

"Is it fair to say that she's cracked through your hard exterior?" I chuckle slightly at her wording.

"I guess so, in a way that I definitely wasn't ready for" I admit with a smile.

"How quickly did that happen?" She asks.