forty two

A/N sorry this took forever (I feel like I say that with every update but I truly mean it lol). Hope this is worth it. I love you all so much xx

Harry's P.O.V

"What time is everyone arriving?" Elena asks anxiously as we shuffle out the front door.

"Six, don't worry there's plenty of time. You've been cooped up inside for days a walk outside will do you some good" I assure her as I place a hand on her shoulder and guide her forward. Ever since getting her results I know she's been feeling eager to actually do things. Her results signalled the end of her university career and the beginning of her professional one. But she needs rest, she needs to heal, it's what we agreed.

"There's so much to organise" She states with a sad pout.

"That's not true. The caterers are sorting out the food, all we have to do is get ready. There is time" I tell her as I take her hand in mine. Just a small walk, I promised her, to the end of the driveway and back. But our driveway is pretty fucking long, we could be out here a while.

"Yes but then mums in town tomorrow night and then we have my graduation the next day" Elena hurriedly replies.

"There's no need for stress bub, just take a deep breath" I reply, giving her hand a small squeeze. She huffs out a slight sigh before taking in a deep breath.

"Everything's happening very quickly" She says quietly after letting out the breath she was holding, pressing her body closer against my side. I wrap my arm around her shoulder and kiss the side of her head.

"That's pretty on brand for us" I say against her hair, a small smile on my face. Elena's lips quirk up into a small smile as she rolls her eyes. "And besides it will all slow down soon enough. Dinner tonight, graduation in two days, then it's back to resting and healing 24/7" I add on.

"Don't think I haven't forgotten your birthday" Elena smiles up at me as she wraps her arm around my waist as we walk.

"It's still weeks away" I say with a shrug. I've never been much of a birthday lover, and Elena and I haven't celebrated one together yet.

"But it's a momentous occasion, 35! We have to do something special" Elena states with glee.

"You and me, take out, a movie and no presents, that's all I need" I assure her. I couldn't possibly need anything more. Business is good, my family are great, Elena and I are engaged and are living in a beautiful new home, what more could I possibly want?

"I'm pretty sure I've said the same thing to you both times we celebrated my birthday and you ignored me both times. Nice try mister" She quips with a small smirk.

"Fine then, we'll have the family and a few friends over as well" I reply with a smile. Elena shakes her head quickly.

"Nope, not good enough" She proclaims with a small smile. "Let's go away somewhere"

"You're still recovering" I protest.

"If we can have sex then I'm sure I can sit on a plane for a few hours" Elena states in rebuttal after another eye roll. I do worry about if she's in pain while we're having sex, but I have to admit that it feels so fucking good that we're having sex again.

"But it's not just your hip. It's your head too" I remind her. On the one hand the doctors advise her to rest and go for walks and get fresh air, but that can be difficult with her hip. So she gets bored very easily and wants to read or watch TV. She's tried all sorts of other activities; knitting frustrated her, colouring made her eyes sore, painting gave her a headache

"I've been feeling a lot better lately, I think going away will be good for us. We have that Edinburgh holiday from the charity auction, or if Scotland's a little too cold this time of year we can go back to LA. Oh, I could go to Australia with you!" She suggests with quiet enthusiasm.