twenty six

A/N hey guys! Just wanted to say a quick thank you for you guys being understanding about my irregular updating schedule. I never want to put anything out that I'm not super proud of and sometimes when life gets too intense or I have too much uni work it can be hard to get into the space I need to get into to write anything good. A lot more people have started reading this story than I ever anticipated so I never want to publish anything that I'm not proud of or that I don't super love so sometimes updates can take a while. So thank you for your patience and your amazing support 💖💖💖

Cliffhangers over!! Hope you enjoy. We are officially in the second half of baby honey! (Sugar Baby was 50 chapters so I'm planning this book to be 50 chapters too). And if I do say so myself, things are off to a pretty great start.

Love you all, stay safe. Here for you all x

Harry's P.O.V

I fucked up, I really fucked up, and it took her storming out of the room for me to realise just how badly I had actually fucked up. Something in my gut told me that Holly would do something like this, but I ignored it and held out an olive branch for her. We talked a little while ago after my last trip to New York, just after Elena and I got back together. I knew she still wanted to occasionally hook up, but I made it clear to her that it would never be happening again. She accepted that, and said that she hoped we could still be friends, which is what I wanted too. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I shouldn't have gone against Elena to do it.

Fuck I've really screwed this up, but I can fix it, I know I can. I turn back around to the staircase and take the stairs two at a time. I know I heard a door slam, but when I walk into the master bedroom she's not there, and neither are her bags. She couldn't have snuck out of the apartment without me noticing, but I'm still anxious to find her. I walk back down the hallway and try a couple of the doors that lead to guest bedrooms, they're all empty. I try the last door, and find it locked. There's my girl.

"Bub, let me in" I knock on the door and lean against the frame, straining to hear her in there. No answer. "Bub I'm sorry, please just let me in"

"Fuck off" She answers through the wood. I can tell she's trying to sound angry, but I can hear the sadness in her voice. I have to get in there, I have to fix this.

"No I'm not going to fuck off, please just let me in" I reply and knock some more.

"I'm not going to let you in, I don't want to see you right now" She says sternly, shit that hurts to hear.

"Well I'm not going anywhere, you need to let me in, we have to talk" I stand my ground. I'll sleep out here, right in the door way, I don't care I need to get in there so I can fix this.

"We talked, I'm done" Elena huffs quietly, sending chills down my spine. She's done? What does that mean she's done?

"Elena bubba please let me in okay, I'm so sorry please don't be done I can fix this okay, please just don't give up on me" I beg her through the door and start to frantically knock on the door. I'm not losing her over some stupid disagreement about Holly, I'm not losing her to anything.

"Oh for fuck sake Harry I just mean I'm done for the night not that I'm leaving you! Though if you need a warm body to cuddle up next to for the night you should give your best friend Holly a call!" I hear her bite back sarcastically. I'm overwhelmed with relief, she's not leaving me, that's problem number one dealt with.

"Look bub I don't want to say all this stuff through the door, will you please just let me in so I can make this right?" I sag against the door frame and wait for her response, and wait and wait and wait, until finally I hear the door click from the other side. She's unlocked it.