thirty six

A/N: keeping this short and sweet (my note not the chapter lol) hope you enjoy, more soon I promise. Xx

Harry's P.O.V

The loud sounds of cooking and Charlie squealing wake me up the day after Elena's birthday. We didn't get in last night until around 1 in the morning, and now at 8 am the space beside me is empty. I know exactly where Elena is. I throw on a T-shirt and descend down the stairs into the kitchen where Elena, Gemma and Charlie are all making a big spread of food for breakfast.

"Morning sleepyhead!" Gemma calls out as she sees me heading towards them all.

"What a mess you're making of my kitchen" I say with a smirk as Charlie holds her hands out to me.

"Your girlfriend is officially 21, how do we feel?" Gemma ignores my comment and teases as she flips a pancake onto Charlie's plate.

"Old" I grin and kiss the top of Charlie's head as she stabs at the pancake with her small fork.

"Aw but you were always old" Elena teases as she wipe down a plate with a dish towel. Charlie giggles at Elena; these two are going to give me a lot of grief as they get older, the both of them are just so cheeky.

"Well technically we are closer in age now" I reply as I move over to the fridge and take out the bottle of orange juice. "Now we're only 13 years apart instead of 14"

"Yay go us!" Elena exclaims, holding her hand up for a high five. I laugh softly and give her one before shutting the fridge door and taking down some glasses from the cupboard.

"Me me me!" Charlie calls out, holding her hand up high wanting a high five as well. Elena quickly rushes over to give her one, sending Charlie into squealing laughter.

"Where Theo?" I ask as I pour everyone a glass of juice.

"Michael's changing him, don't worry you'll have your house back once breakfast is finished" Gemma smiles and gives the pan a quick wash.

"Well as you can see it's already kind of a mess so don't worry" Elena smiles as she makes her tea, gesturing to the scattering of boxes around the apartment where we've both idly started packing a few things. It's going to be a gradual move while the contractors finish the renovations but once they're all done we want to get in as quickly as possible. We've outgrown this place, it's time to move on.

"I can't wait for you guys to get a proper home, you'll be like real grown ups. My baby brother with a proper home" Gemma wanders over and pinches my cheek, giggling as I shrug her away.

"I know, we have grass, how insane is it going to be to have grass?" Elena grins and takes a sip of her tea.

"Hey Elena, you mind looking after Theo while I get ready?" Michael asks as he approaches the kitchen, a very alert looking Theo clutched in his arms. Elena quickly puts her tea down and walks over to Theo, who holds his arms out to her as she approaches.

"Go on, I've got him" Elena reassures as she settles Theo onto her hip and walks back over to her tea. Theo gets his hands on her necklace, dangling it back and forth between his chubby fingers.

"Grass will be fun, especially for little kids to run around on..." Gemma states with a soft grin as she puts the pan back where it belongs.

"Hold your horses Gem" I say as I slide a glass of orange juice to Charlie, who immediately swallows it down.

"Just saying! Charlie, do you want auntie Elena and uncle Harry to have a baby?" Gemma leans over and speaks quietly to her daughter, trying to find an ally.