twenty

Hey guys! Hope you're all well! Sorry the update took so long. I've been quite busy at the moment and it was my birthday the other day so I've been trying to prioritise spending time away from my phone to be present. But now I'm itching to write so here ya go! Love y'all hope you like it x

Harry's P.O.V

By the time I wake up again, the sun is beginning to set behind the hills outside the window. Elena sleeps peacefully at my side, one of her bare legs draping across one of mine and her hand delicately sits on my chest almost right beside my heart. She's fast asleep and I knew she would be, after all it's not everyday you come to America for the first time and see the Hollywood sign from a bedroom window.

She looks completely peaceful; her skin soft like porcelain, full soft lips slightly pouted as her hair pools messily around her. I can't believe she fell asleep naked, that's not something Elena is known for doing often. At the very least she'll put her underwear back on or more likely, she'll reach for whatever shirt I was wearing and use that. Not that I'm complaining, watching her wonder around my apartment in my old t-shirts is already enough to drive me crazy. I've got to convince her to move back in, this distance thing is bullshit.

I carefully ease myself out of bed, lifting up her hand and placing it carefully onto the bed as I slip out from under the covers and stand up. She stirs slightly as I pull on my joggers and wait until she's settled again. Her hand reaches out to the place where I had just left and find my pillow, pulling it towards her and lying her face down into it. Just like the plane, she sleeps better when I'm there, but something that smells like me will work just as good. It's not as easy for me; it's her or nothing, sleep easily evades me when she's not there.

Once I'm sure she's asleep again, I walk down the hall back towards the kitchen and check the fridge. It's been fully stocked in anticipation of our visit. I love having staff, they make my life so much easier. Elena will see that eventually - she'll grow accustomed to this way of life, there's no other option. I dig through the options and find some steaks that instantly make my realise just how starving I am. I can make a salad too, let Elena sleep a little longer.

"I was just about to ask if we had any food here" I hear her soft melodious voice behind me as I gather vegetables from the fridge. God please still be naked. I turn back around and although she's not naked, she's wearing my T-shirt and I can see what I presume are my boxers poking out underneath the shirts hem. Fuck she looks amazing.

"You could have slept longer" I tell her as I set everything down on the bench. She shakes her head and walks further into the kitchen.

"I got up and saw the time, figured if I didn't wake up now I would mess myself up for the rest of the trip" She says quietly as she looks in all the cupboards until she finds the glasses. I think she's probably still a little tired. That's one of the differences between Elena and I, I can survive on very little sleep, but she needs it or else she can be kind of a grouch - and that's coming from me, King Grouch.

"Probably a good idea, glad I could tire you out" I smirk at her as I start chopping up the lettuce. She rolls her eyes with bashful smile as she takes a seat at one of the stools in front of the kitchen bench, just like she would if we were back home.

"So how long have you had this place" Swiftly changing the subject, she asks while spinning her chair around to gaze out to the beautiful golden light setting over the hills below us outside the window.

I shrug "Maybe five years ago, I've barely spent any time here. The hotel here in LA is pretty self sufficient, got good staff here so I barely have to show my face. If I'm not in London it's most likely I'm either somewhere else in Europe or New York" I explain as I go back into the fridge and take out a bottle of wine before grabbing two glasses. It occurs to me as I pour us both a glass that I didn't ask if she wanted one.