thirty three

A/N QUICK COUPLE OF THINGS!

I made a Harry Twitter since the people wanted it. It's @stylesarcadia if you want to give it a follow to get your fix of #helena in between updates. And as usual elena is @elenarosegraham

TRIGGER WARNING: Some portions of this chapter may be triggering to people who have dealt with mental illness and suicidal tendencies. I will put a warning before those portions come up, but just wanted to warn you up top.
You are safe here and you are loved here, and I want you to feel okay here. If you don't, please let me know what I can do to help.

Stay safe, stay well, and I hope you like the update

more soon xx

"So wait, you think this will help Mitch get a move on with the wedding?" I ask Sarah with a small laugh as I enter the elevator.

"How could it not? I'll technically be in a wedding dress?!" Sarah responds with a short giggle, having just finished telling me about her halloween plans. Dressing up as a zombie bride, to try and bring back wedding talks between her and Mitch.

"Suppose you're right, and you can always reuse the dress" I say with a giggle. I've never been a fan of Halloween or dressing up in costumes so I'm glad that Sarah isn't insisting Harry and I join them at this big Halloween event they were invited to for tomorrow night.

"Oh I would never get married in this dress, that's part of the whole look. I'm going for like a trashy shot gun wedding that got overrun by zombies sort of look" She describes as the elevator doors open on my apartment. I quickly walk in and place my heavy bag on the floor by the entryway and give the apartment a quick glance over, can't see Harry immediately but I know he's here because the record player is on. It's playing a pretty slow and beautiful piano piece, I really need to raid his record collection sometime.

"Sounds amazing. I gotta go I just got home, send me some pictures" I say goodbye to Sarah as I walk further into the house and find Harry sitting down on the couch, his head lifting up slowly as I enter the room. The look on his face makes me instantly stop in my tracks. Somethings wrong, he has a look of complete regret and utter devastation.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask as I shrug off my coat and place it over the back of one of the chairs, my eyes never leaving his. He bites his lip for a second before shaking his head and looking back down at the ground.

"Oh god what's happened. Is it your mum, Gemma, the kids?" I hurry over to him as the worst thoughts crash through my mind and out of my mouth.

"No everyone's fine, but I need to tell you something" He says quickly, standing up as I walk over to him. My hands are on his forearms as his immediately attach onto my waist. He pauses for a beat or two, sliding his hand up to tuck some hair behind my ear, as though he's savouring my presence. A million thoughts are barrelling through my mind, fears of lies and infidelity leading the charge. Is my wonderful life about to crash down around me.

"Babe you're really scaring me now" I tell him quietly, almost already on the verge of tears even though I don't know why. "Can you please just tell me what's happened?" I add. He gives me a small nod and swallows a small lump in his throat.

"When I was walking back into the hotel today, a man stopped me. It was your dad, your dad was here bub" He tells me, before a loud ringing in my ears drowns both him and the piano out. I can feel my heart face, my feet become unsteady. My dad, it's not him, my dad left, he abandoned us, abandoned me.

"Are you sure?" I choke out. Maybe this is all a mistake, maybe he thought he saw someone that looked like he could be my dad and we will be laughing about this within five minutes.