four

A/N: hi everyone! Just wanted to quickly say thank you so much for all your love and support on this new story! It's already had over 2.5k reads which is insane to me. I love you all to pieces. And thank you for 173k reads on sugar baby! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter xxx

HARRY'S P.O.V

"Cheveux?"

"Yeah, it's French for hair" I explain, tallying up my points from the scrabble board.

"Harry for the last time, no foreign words" my mum sighs with a grin on her face.

"Just trying to open up the board and give you more options, you're struggling a little bit" I tease her, my game has increased significantly in the four days that I've been here. The first day it was kind of hard to concentrate, but a couple of calls with John assured me that everything was under control regarding my hotels. I'm actually quite enjoying my break, maybe I should employ more people to do my day to day stuff.

"Feel like going for a walk after this?" Mum says, changing the subject from the game in front of us.

"Sure" I shrug, taking a look outside the window facing the front garden. It hasn't snowed for a few days, I'm not sure it will snow again until next winter.

"Or now? I completely give up" She sighs with a smile as she turns her letter tiles towards me. An X, E, P, A, T and a Y. She totally could have done something with it, but I don't think her hearts in it.

"Alright, good game. I had...157 points and you had 119, closer than I thought" I chuckle as I check the notepad with the scores written on them.

"I used to crush you when you and Gemma were kids" She grins as she stands up, pulling her coat off the hook behind her and shrugging her shoulders into it.

"Because you were a high school teacher and we were 10 and 7" I reply, pulling my boots on over my black socks. If only Elena could see me now, not in my usual attire of a suit. She always liked it when I dressed down, I can almost envision her going wild about my plain grey sweater. Mum meets me at the door after putting the fire out in the fireplace

"You were both very smart kids, sometimes you would get a really good word in. I was always very proud, but only for a little because I had to focus on crushing you" She giggles as we head outside. The house has been significantly warmer with the fireplace going, and although there is no snow and wind still chills me straight to the bone. We start walking down the path heading towards the group of shops.

"When are you heading back into London?" Mum asks after a few moments of walking in silence.

"Sick of me already?" I joke. She shakes her head quickly and wraps her arms around one of mine, pulling her body tight against my side as we walk.

"Absolutely not! If it were up to me you guys would move back to Manchester and come to dinner every night"

"You mean me and Elena?" I ask. It must have been a slip of the tongue, she looks up at me apologetically. Since I've been home we haven't really talked about her, we haven't discussed much of anything really. Just a lot of idle chatter, nothing super deep. I know that's hard for her, she loves to have those deep existential talks.

"You haven't heard from her have you?" She asks quietly as we cross the road.

"No. Her friend has been giving me updates every few days so I don't go crazy. She's apparently in therapy" I reply.

"Well I think that's a great idea, if she thinks that she needs the help it's good to talk to somebody" Mum nods her head.

"I've never really seen the point in it" I say honestly. Dad was always kind of a hard ass when he was around, men don't really have feelings and they shouldn't talk about them. Over time I realised the feelings part was stupid, but I don't volunteer to talk about them as much as I probably should.