forty one

A/N: sorry this took forever. Thanks for your patience. I became unwell while I was editing it and could barely look at the screen. I'm feeling better and now the update is ready to my standards. Hope you enjoy, more soon x

Truth be told, I'm still a little angry about my fight with Harry. He said some things that were way out of line but I guess I did too. When he started trying to justify his behaviour I just saw red, freaked out and let him have it. Maybe it's the concussion, or it's the ring on my finger that gives me the confidence to speak my mind about how I really feel. I've let him choose this behaviour time and time again and it's gotten to a point where it's not tenable anymore. Somethings gotta change.

And it's nice to have the house to myself for a little while, I have barely been alone since the accident and for good reason, I could barely move without assistance or pain. But now here I am, walking to the fridge to refill my water bottle, with no cane or walking frame, in relatively no pain. This is a big achievement for me, of course it's taking me 2 minutes to reach the fridge but I have to cover a lot of ground to get there so I'm still calling it a win.

I refill my bottle and then slowly make my way back to the couch. I'm trying to limit the amount of time I'm making my mind focus and concentrate so TV and reading are out. I decide to call Heather, give her an update on how everything went yesterday.

"Hey girl, what's up?" Heather asks enthusiastically over the phone as she picks up on the second ring.

"Not much, how's Benji?" I ask with a smile, resting the phone on my chest as I lay down on the couch.

"He's good, mum has taken him for a few hours while I clean up my little area. It's been slowly turning into a bomb site and it's stressing me out so I'm just happily cleaning away" Heather says with a giggle.

"Proud of you" I tell her.

"Thank you. Now quitting stalling, fight update. How'd it go after I left?" She says impatiently.

"Well, I fell asleep just as your car probably reached the end of the driveway..." I begin, enjoying Heather's slight scoff.

"Of course you did you were really fucking pissed off, as was I. Bitching about people is exhausting now" Heather replies.

"Yeah. Between us with a baby and a concussion, it's a miracle we bitched as long as we did" I say with a giggle. Heather was here for about 2 hours, and almost as soon as Harry closed the door I let it all out. I was just so frustrated at the whole situation, I had to make sure that I wasn't crazy for being that upset.

"A true miracle. I'm proud of us. Anyway I'm assuming you woke up eventually" She turns us back onto the topic at hand.

"Yes I did. I told him we thought he was a fucking idiot and that kind of started things off again.." I tell her.

"AKA, you told him the facts and he disagreed" Heather says, I can practically hear the roll of her eyes.

"Yeah basically. He refused to admit that he had any kind of jealousy or possessiveness for the longest time, just kept insisting that it was because Luke wasn't respecting boundaries and that's why he was mad" I begin.

"He's such a fucking child sometimes I swear" heather scoffs as she repeats the same words she told me yesterday. She's not totally wrong.

"Then he said that Luke had said derogatory stuff about me to him, about how he liked when I bent over in a skirt while I was working at the bookstore" I say quietly, Heather gasps.

"For real?" She asks.

"Apparently, I sort of didn't believe him though. I just thought that him bringing it up right then was kind of convenient because it reinforced his point" I say with a slight sigh.