nineteen

A/N; I know I'm shit with updating so I'll keep this short. Sorry, life is busy. Here is 9400 words of goodness that I hope will make it better. Love y'all. Stay safe xx

I pause in the middle of the sentence and listen to the announcement being made by a rather robotic voice, recognising our flight number.

"Boarding time" Harry confirms to me as he sits forward and start to gather up his things. He's been patiently listening to me read aloud for nearly an hour, and only now do I realise it was probably a tactic to stop me from freaking out about our flight. This man is so clever.

"They'll be boarding us first so we'll be able to get comfortable in our seats before the flight takes off" Harry explains as I pack up the box that came with my e-reader, making sure to take the instruction manual in case I run into trouble at any point while I use it.

"Why do you think they'll board us first?" I ask as we make our way towards the exit of the lounge. What a wonderful place to spend our time whilst waiting for our flight, I can't imagine ever getting used to it.

"Another first class perk, priority boarding" Harry explains with the hint of a smirk on his lips, as her intertwines his fingers through mine and leads me past the shops towards the boarding gates.

"Any more perks I should be made aware of?" I inquire as we manoeuvre past a woman frantically packing up her children's belongings that have been scattered across the floor. I'm tempted to stop and help but Harry's words distract me.

"I'd much rather see your surprised reaction" He chuckles slightly as we reach our gate, a large cluster of people are already forming a long queue. Harry never breaks stride as he leads me over to the other counter, where an enthusiastic young flight attendant takes our tickets and allows us to walk down an enclosed bridge towards the plane. The last time I stand on stable ground for a while, maybe ever, no stop it it'll be fine, millions of people fly everyday and they all land just fine.

"Welcome on Board!" A beautiful cheery air hostess greets us at the threshold of the plane. I can almost smell her disdain for me as she eyes up Harry greedily before she checks the seat numbers on our tickets. Bizarrely, she directs Harry down one aisle and me the other.

"We are sitting next to each other don't worry" Harry explains before he walks down his seperate aisle and I wander down mine. We're just a couple of seats back from the front of the plane, and the seat in front of me looks like possibly one of the most comfortable seats I've ever seen in my life. It's like my own private nook with plenty of space, but a wall in between Harry and I.

"This can slide down after take off" He explains as he starts getting himself situated, sliding his backpack off his shoulder. I pout inwardly, knowing that at best the most contact I'll have with Harry through this flight will be me holding his hand. Man I'm clingy, or nervous, or both.

"This is very extravagant" I say as I take out my phone, e-reader and headphones. There are a few more people filtering into the plane and sitting in the seats around us; mostly just businessmen who immediately take out their laptops.

I sit down in my seat and start to explore my surroundings as Harry stays standing, peering over our wall divider and starts to patiently explain where everything is. "They have a menu that you'll be able to order from...this is your foot rest...touch that button there and seat folds all the way down so you can get a good sleep..."

"Wow" Is all I seem to be able to say, it's very impressive for a flight that will last 11 hours, if we weren't going to be thousands of feet up in the air then I might prefer to live life this way. It has a way of feeling cozy and yet also very sleek and elegant, I definitely don't feel like I belong here, but even in sweats and converse Harry totally does.