twenty five

A/N sorry this took so long you guys, spent some time putting my mental health first and trying to get my life in order. hope you like it. Stay safe xx

"Bub, wake up, planes landing soon" Harry whispers in my ear after pressing a soft kiss to my cheek. I squint my eyes open to find the screen in front of me confirms his statement, we're estimated to be landing in 20 minutes.

"You won't be able to see all that much, but there'll be lots of lights" He continues as he gestured out the window beside him. When we boarded the plane I asked if he could take the window seat instead of me. I'm just still not used to being up this high and I don't need a visual reminder of just how far from the ground I am. Luckily Harry loves to fly and took the window seat without any trouble, encouraging me to take small peeks outside on takeoff and now, in landing.

"How much time will I have to get ready once we land?" I ask as I fold the cover back over my kindle, which has remained open on my lap since I fell asleep.

"Probably half an hour? Assuming we don't get held back in security" He replies as he watches me tidy the space around me, having so lovingly only just informed me shortly before boarding that we were meeting his friends for dinner almost immediately after arriving in New York.

"Why does it have to be tonight?" I ask with a small pout, I know there won't be much Jetlag but it's still been a massive day and I don't know if I'm emotionally prepared to meet these friends of Harry's. He has told me many times that these friends are very important to them, what if I'm all crabby and weird and they hate me?

"Because tonight's the only night that they're all free, and they all really want to meet you" Harry replies softly as he props his elbow up on the arm rest and softly brushes his fingertips over my hair. It's the smallest actions that completely melt me, and he knows it, he knows I'll do just about anything when he's sweet like this.

"Will she be there?" I ask, I don't even need to name her, he knows who I'm talking about.

"She will. Look I know she's an ex and it's weird, but we're still kind of friends. Plus she's a part of our group, it would be weird if I left her out" He explains with a small sigh, possibly sensing my annoyance and hesitation about dealing with another one of his exes so soon. Does he have an ex in every major city of the world? How am I meeting two of his American exes before any of his London exes? It also makes me think about what it would be like if the roles were reversed, would Harry be totally cool with meeting one of my exes? Not that I have any, but I never dated Ryan or Luke and he made me cut them out of my life.

"And how do you expect me to handle her?" He furrows his brow, so I clarify. "I'm hoping it will go differently than it did when I met Poppy since you actually want me to meet this one? So should I be trying to befriend her or not trust a word she says?"

Harry shrugs his shoulders and turns his head back to look out of the window for a second. "I honestly don't know. Just don't focus on her, the rest of my friends are great and they're all excited to meet you" He turns his head back around and smiles softly at me.

"What have you told them about me?" I ask, if these people are important to Harry then I want to go in there well prepared.

"I've told them some stuff; they know that you're a student and that you're younger than me but I didn't tell them that we broke up" His response is almost shy, his voice dropping ever so slightly.