forty seven

A/N:

Sorry it's been a minute since the last update. School is kicking my ass and I'm so unmotivated and tired but here it isssss.

Excuse the spelling and grammatical errors it's 2am and I'm lazy. Forgive me pls

Love you all.  stay safe x

"It still feels like I can't breathe, is there any way to make it a little looser?" Sarah asks her mum and sister as they adjust the back of her gown.

"That may just be the nerves sweetheart" Sarah's mum explains quietly. Fran and I exchange a look in the mirror, Sarah's been slightly frazzled this morning, I think it's finally hit her that she's actually getting married today. The stylist is almost finished curling my hair so there's still about 30 minutes before the ceremony is supposed to start, and looking around the room I have a feeling we might run late. Fran hasn't got her dress on yet, the flower girls dress is somehow missing and Sarah's sister had some sort of hay-fever episode with her bouquet so her makeup had to be redone. I, on the other hand, am very ready, but I too am starting to feel very nervous.

"Who is it?" One of Sarah's bridesmaids asks in response to a knock on the door. She walks over to the door and opens is slightly to poke her head out before looking back into the room. "Elena, it's Harry" She informs me. Okay, now to pretend everything's fine.

"Won't be long" I smile as I climb out of the stylists chair just as she finishes my last curl. Fran gives me a quick sympathetic smile as I head for the door.

Harry leans back against the wall opposite the door, pristinely dressed in his black tux with a white dress shirt and a long black tie. I don't think he could possibly look more handsome, and then he smiles as I shut the door behind me and face him.

"Wow" Is all he says at first, very quietly, almost just to himself. "That's quite a dress" He nods to my bridesmaids dress with a small grin. I look down at the material and can't help but smile, I really like it too.

"Yeah it's nice, unfortunately there are six other women all wearing the same thing so that's a little embarrassing" I joke with a soft smile, just trying to lighten the mood ahead of whatever comes next. The corner of Harry's lips quirk upwards in a chuckle.

"That's just rude of them, they should all change into something else because clearly this looks the best on you" He returns the joke with a low smirk and the knots in my stomach have turned into butterflies. I thought that after I found out what he did that being around him would feel unbearable, but that's just not what's happening. It melts away, fades into the background, being with him still feels like a safe place to be.

"How's Mitch feeling?" I ask him after a slight laugh. Harry puts his hands in his pockets and nods softly.

"He's a nervous boy, but he's excited. It's been a long time coming for them" Harry explains with a soft smile. He really does view Mitch as being like a brother, this must be a proud day for him. "How's the bride?" He asks in return.

"Nervous, but happy I think. It's a lot of chaos trying to get everyone ready and organised" I tell him with a small shrug. Even out in the hallway I can hear people quickly running around and talking in rapid fire quickness about shoes and the speed at which they should walk down the aisle.

"I just, I wanted to check in and see how you were feeling this morning..." Harry says after a small window of silence passes between the two of us. I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night, a big part of me wanted to just go back to his room and stay with him but that wouldn't have been good at the end of the day. I'm still really upset and hurt and confused about what he did,