twelve

A/N thank you guys for 25k reads on baby honey! As a treat, enjoy these 7000+ word chapter!! Love you guys, stay safe xx

Harry's P.O.V

I somehow manage to fill my afternoon after I drop Elena back home to her apartment, mostly with emails I've been ignoring for the last few days. Elena is my girlfriend again, and my sister is in labour so my mind is racing, work is always a good distraction doesn't matter that it's a Sunday. The sun begins to set outside the large window in my office and I know I should call it a day. I shut down my computer before I start walking to the kitchen, and the phone buzzes in my pocket.

INCOMING CALL:  Elena 🌻

Fuck I've missed that notification. I immediately press the accept call button, not bothering to do the polite 'wait for two rings before answering' policy.

"Hey" I say as I bring the phone up to my ear.

"Hi, how are you" Her sweet voice answers me quietly as I reach the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm good how are you?" I reply as I head to the fridge.

"I'm pretty good, how's Gemma going?" She asks quickly, I can swear I can hear an echo in the background of her call.

"Apparently she's not contracting quick enough or something so they haven't brought her in yet. Hey, why don't we FaceTime?" I ask her. There's a brief pause before she answers.

"I can't. I'm in the bathtub" She tells me. I let the fridge close without retrieving anything from it. Dear god, Elena in a bathtub. That I need to see.

"The bathtub...please FaceTime me right now" I quietly beg. Her laugh echoes off what I can now assume are the tiled walls of her bathroom.

"No! I don't want to give an old man like you a heart attack" She teases, I can hear a quiet splash in the background.

"Cheeky. Come onnn" I say with a whine as I reopen the fridge. I could remind her that she missed my birthday and that this could be my present, but I feel like that may make her sad and that's the last thing I want.

"Taking things slow remember? I think we are a little bit away from FaceTime nudity" She reminds me with a small laugh. I turn around and take a fry pan out of the cupboard.

"Well I've already seen you nude today in person so I think that's kind of a moot point" I point out to her, unable to keep the grin of my face even if I wanted to. I hear her laugh a bit louder.

"You are a piece of work Mr Styles" She replies, I can almost hear the smirk in her voice. I love sparring with her like this, the back and forth, I've missed it, a lot.

"I'm your piece of work, baby" I tell her, enjoying the warm silence that follows.

"And I'm yours" she replies. I decide to drop the FaceTime idea; we will get back there, sooner or later.

"How was the rest of your day? Did you talk to Heather at all?" I ask with genuine interest. I like Heather, she's a good friend to Elena and she's been looking out for me while we've been apart. Getting those messages every so often letting me know that Elena is okay is what's got me through these last few months without having a major breakdown.

"I can't talk much about it, she's in the other room" She drops her voice down to a whisper.

"Got it, but is she okay?" I nod my head even though she can't see me and start taking out some vegetables to have with my steak.

"Yeah she's okay, it will all be okay" Elena says quietly. I feel like she's not just talking about Heather but us as well. It will all be okay. We can do this.