forty five

A/N; sorry y'all. You know I love me a cliffhanger.

Well it's time to climb off the cliff! It's update time!

As usual; I love you all and I'm forever grateful for your support. I hope you enjoy xxxx

"What do you think of the length? Do you want it a little shorter?" The owner of the wedding dress shop asks Sarah as she stands on the small podium in front of a large set of mirrors, twisting and turning as she examines the length of the dress she picked out over a month ago. Today's the day for final alterations and I've just made it in time having landed in LA about two hours ago. The last few days have been a little intense to say the least.

"I'm just nervous about tripping. The aisle is made of grass and that will be enough to compete with I don't really want the dress to get in the way. Maybe just an inch or two?" Sarah asks as she lifts the dress up slightly. She's gone for a a very elegant dress with a slight bohemian mix. To me it reminds me of something that a Greek goddess may have worn, long loose silk sleeves and a hem that pools at her feet. It's very Sarah, it's clear why she's so thrilled about it.

"Top up babes?" Francesca asks quietly as she appears next to me with the open bottle of champagne. I look down at my champagne flute, half empty, might as well. I tip the glass to her gratefully as she fills it up to the top.

"Thank you" I say appreciatively as she and I lean against the back wall while Sarah's mother steps in to throw in her own take, something she's been doing an awful lot of. She's a kind woman but she does remind me of one of those stage mothers that pageant children have to suffer through dealing with.

"You must be exhausted, I don't know if the champagne will help but it's good stuff so we might as well drink it" Francesca says with a soft giggle as she clinks her glass against mine. "So how was Australia?" She asks with a wide naïve smile.

"It was great. I'd never been before" I grin back before taking a small sip from the flute. What else am I supposed to say? We had a great time up until we had a pregnancy scare, had a massive fight that brought up a lot of awful shit we haven't dealt with, found out I wasn't pregnant and have barely talked about all of it since. The travelling certainly helped, we left a day after the pregnancy scare and we weren't exactly thrilled to get into our issues on the 14 hour flight here. We do have to talk about it eventually, but for now I'm just going to stick to denial and expensive champagne.

"Did Harry have a good birthday? Your post on Twitter was so sweet it had me dying" She asks me excitedly. It seems like Harry's birthday was so long ago when in fact it was only a few days, so much seems to have changed since then.  

"We had a great day; just the two of us which was what he wanted. He taught me how to play golf too" I try to match Francesca's enthusiasm even though I'm really not feeling it. She lets out a small squeal.

"You two are just the cutest. Like an old married couple who golf on Sundays. Ooh! You have to try on a dress while you're here!" Fran squeals excitedly as she takes a quick look around at the racks filled with white dresses around us.

"Nooo no no no no, we're here for Sarah not for me. Harry and I aren't even thinking about planning our wedding yet, we're happy where we are" I put a hand on her arm and hold her by my side so that she doesn't wander off and get everyone else's attention. Everyone else seems to be preoccupied with Sarah and the right sleeve length for her dress. We're going to be here for hours, apparently she has two dresses, who the hell needs two wedding dresses?

"Noooo, you'll go bridal shopping in London without me and I want to be a part of it!" Francesca replies quietly with a sad pout.

"I promise you the second we start shopping for dresses I will let you know, you're the most fashionable person I know I'm absolutely going to need your input" I assure her with a soft smile. In the back of my mind I can't help but say to myself 'if we ever get there' but I decide to lock that in a box and throw it to the dark corner of my mind.