thirteen

A/N hey everyone! Sorry I've been a little M.I.A I've had a big online exam that I had to focus on. But it's done now and I feel like I can breathe again so I wrote 6300 words for you all to hopefully enjoy! Hope you guys are staying safe! Love y'all! Xx

"He's hereeee" Anne sticks her head inside the family room and greets us with the good news. Her eyes are tear stained but overflowing with joy.

"Fuck that was quick" Harry remarks as he stands up, but I can see the relief wash over him. He was worried about her, and now it's over.

"How's everyone doing?" I ask as we collect our stuff and join Anne in the hallway.

"Everyone's great. Gemma was a champion, and the little guy is absolute perfection. Come on you have to come and meet him" Anne tells us enthusiastically. Harry's hand wraps around mine and we retrace our steps back down the hallway to find Gemma's hospital room.

It's serenely quiet when we reach the doorway, Gemma and Michael are huddled together on the bed gazing at a small bundle in a blue and white blanket. We shuffle in quietly and I give Harry's hand a soft squeeze.

"Hey you guys" Gemma quietly whispers as she looks up, grinning widely as she gently sways the bundle in her arms.

"Great Job Gem Gem" Harry replies in a soft voice. "Sure you did great too Michael" Michael shrugs his shoulders with a grin, making us all laugh a little.

"Harry use the hand sanitiser,you have to hold him" Gemma quietly demands. Harry's body stiffens beside me.

"B-but shouldn't mum hold him before I do?" Harry questions, obviously trying to delay the inevitable.

"Mum's held him already, your turn. Hand sanitizer. Your next Elena" Gemma rolls her eyes and quietly demands. Now it's my turn to freak out. Shit, I've never held a tiny baby before. Now I understand why Harry was scared of Charlie at first. Nevertheless, Harry's hand slips from mine as he takes a small pump of the hand sanitizer sitting by the end of the bed. I nervously do the same and stand by Anne as Harry walks over to Gemma's bedside.

"Remember to cradle the head" Gemma fusses with a smile as Harry gently scoops the bundle out of Gemma's arms. Slowly he stands back up straight, cradling him against his chest and staring down at him in wonder. "Nicely done" Gemma comments, but Harry's too distracted to react.

"Do you guys have a name for him yet?" I ask as I keep rubbing my hands together to get rid of the handsanitizer feel they now have. Gemma and Michael exchange a look.

"We have two that we are deciding between. Noah and Theo. But his middle name is going to be Robert, that's Michaels dads name" Gemma says with a smile as Michael slides in beside her, one of his legs up on the bed and the other hanging off the side to give her plenty of room. He dotes on her, putting his arm around her with the biggest smile on his face, he truly loves her, it's so obvious.

"Go with Theo, I know three Noah's" Harry says, not taking his eyes off of the baby. For someone who was nervous only a little while ago he now seems completely at ease, totally in his element. Anne places her hand in mine and gives it a small squeeze, looking from Harry and then back to me. I can hear her thoughts 'make him a dad, look how great he is', and I wonder if she can feel the sweat on my palms. I do want kids, I think, eventually.

"Would you call him Theodore on the birth certificate or just Theo?" Anne asks after she finishes wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Theodore, then he can either go by Theo or Teddy" Gemma grins. "Noah doesn't really allow much room for a nickname" 

"So was Charlie born 'Charlotte'?" I ask, to which Gemma nods.

"Charlotte Anne" Michael adds, nodding his head towards Anne who beams from ear to ear beside me. Hm, Charlotte Anne sounds so regal and royal, not totally in line with the funny, cheeky little girl I know. She suits Charlie completely.