Thirteen

«»«»«»«»

"What's up?" Donghyuck asked Jungwoo when the older frowned at his phone.

"Are you okay?" Jeno noticed the same thing. He and Jaemin had finally left the room an hour ago.

"Johnny sent me pictures of a letter that was stapled to Yangyang's back." Jungwoo mumbled.

Jaemin stared at him incredulously, "It was stapled to him?"

Jungwoo nodded, "You want to read it?"

Shotaro immediately crowded around him and started reading. Very slowly since it was in English. 

"Hold on, I can't understand it." He shrunk back and Mark took the phone. 

"I can," he mumbled.

He read the letter over in his head, every now and mumbling out phrases that weren't correct. Grammatically, that is.

"This makes no sense. It's all over the place." He glared at the screen. "Hold on." He used Jungwoo's phone to call Johnny.

Both agreed there was nothing grammatically correct about this letter. A lot of the bigger words were misspelled and none of the sentences connected with each other. 

When he got off the phone, he forwarded the pictures to himself and gave Jungwoo his phone. He ran off to the room he was staying at to figure it out.

"Can I look at it?" Jaemin took the phone. He gave the phone to Donghyuck to look at, massaging his temples. 

Donghyuck put the phone face down on the floor, also getting a headache from looking at it.

"Is the English that bad?" Sungchan looked at them wearily. The two only nodded. 

«»«»«»«»

It took almost three hours when Mark came out of his room. It was a little past 1.00 am. The others were still in the living room.

When he reached them, he slumped on the couch, dropping two pieces of paper in front of Jisung.

"Hyung, I can't read your handwriting." Mark raised his head to glared at the younger. 

"I unscrambled the words, then the sentences, and translated it." He grumbled. He knew his handwriting was hardly legible, but he was too tired to read it for them.

"Could you please read it?" Mark was taken by surprised when he looked up, again, and saw Donghyuck giving him puppy eyes. The Donghyuck, the person who probably hated him the most, was doing aegyo for him.

The most surprising thing was how much it affected him. He could feel blush creep onto his cheeks as he mumbled an 'okay, sure.'

He grabbed the papers from Sungchan, who was passing it to him. "Basically, they're announcing themselves as an enemy. They say they're going to kill every single person in our China line. It's just a bunch of gruesome details. They name each member by name, but they're bluffing."

Shotaro looked at him confused. "How do you know they're bluffing?"

"This letter says that they'd crush every bone in Yangyang's body and make him live through it. They didn't do that." 

Jungwoo took the papers from Mark and looked over it. "Mark's right. It has a lot of details about how they'll torture and eventually kill the boys, but with Yangyang, you can tell they wouldn't actually do it."

"So, what are they trying to achieve and what do they have against us?" Sungchan questioned.

"It's possible one of the Chinese members offended them. Sicheng isn't the nicest out of all of us, despite being very cute." Mark took out his phone and reread the original letter.