"Twenty Five„

«»«»«»«»

The seven unit members, chosen by Sungchan, sat in a van together. Ten was driving, Sicheng in the passengers seat. Mark, Jeno, and Donghyuck sat in backseats and farther behind them was Sungchan and Yangyang.

The youngest was clearly nervous, bouncing his leg up and down. Yangyang put a hand on his knee, both trying to calm him down and get him to stop.  

"Are you okay?"

"Just nervous," Sungchan sighed, his heart was still pounding. "I haven't seen him in over a year."

"Well, don't worry, because if he tries something, I'm gonna shoot him right between the eyes." Yangyang gave him a comforting smile just as the van pulled to a stop. 

"We're here," Ten announced.

He went around the back to the trunk, opened it, and grabbed the duffle bag. He handed it to Sicheng, because his stuff was inside. 

They entered the mall and Sungchan directed them up a few flights of stairs to the ice rink. 

The cashier recognized him immediately. "Well, Jung Sungchan, it's been a while! Haven't seen you since you were dating my nephew."

His team eyed him, but Sungchan just coughed awkwardly. "We weren't really dating- nevermind," he waved away the question. 

Sicheng took this moment to step in. "Hi, we're from a gang called NCT and we would like to know if Kim Youngjin is here."

"Why, yes he is, but what do you mean by you're in a gang? And what does Youngjin have to do with this?"

"Well, Youngjin and his father are involved in the Ring. It's human trafficking and we're looking to shut it down. Now, five pairs of skates, please, and Yangyang and I need access to the rafters." Sicheng gave him a cute smile to seal the deal, but he was already so threatening he didn't really need it.

"Yuta would've busted a nut if he was here." Ten muttered, causing Mark to let out a hysterical fit of giggles. 

Five of them were given ice skates, while Sicheng and Yangyang were taken to the rafters. 

"By the way," Sicheng said before the man could leave, "we want to get everyone out of the rink so we can get him alone. If you hear gunshots, don't panic and know that no one was hurt."

"Alright..." the man left reluctantly, probably scared.

While they were setting up, away from where anyone could see them, the rest of the group made their way towards the ice rink. 

Ten put on his mask as soon as he got onto the ice, "Sicheng?" He spoke. "Are you ready and in position?"

"Yes, we are."

"Okay, misfire on my count." Ten waited until all of his teammates were on the ice. It wasn't too crowded, so they most likely wouldn't be hurting too many people. 

Ten laughed quietly as he watched Mark struggle. Donghyuck sighed, making his way over to help him. "I thought Canadians like hockey."

"First, of all," Mark grabbed his hand and pulled himself closer, "that's a stereotype. Second of all, I haven't skated since I was, like, 13." 

Once they were steadily on their feet, Ten spoke, "Misfire in three, two, one."

A gunshot was heard and the glass broke. No one was hurt, but they will be if they don't get them out the door in an organized fashion. 

"I need you to get out the door, one by one. Parents, please do not let go of your child's hand." Jeno and Ten directed them out with comforting smiles.