Nineteen

«»«»«»«»

"Why do I have to ride with Mark all the time?!" Donghyuck whined, dizzy from the speed.

"Because I like to hear you scream," Mark said with a sly smile but yelped in pain when Jeno hit his head.

"That bordering on sadistic and just plain fucking kinky." He sighed, shaking his head.

Mark rubbed the back of his head and shrugged. 

They walked into school as a girl walked up to them. She was very small, hair tied into ponytails.

"Hey, Mark." She smiled bitterly.

"Hey, Tae. Are okay?" 

"Guess who got rejected..." She looked at him with weary eyes that made it obvious that she had been crying. 

The two started walking together, Mark trying to comfort the younger, as his friends stared blankly. 

"Who the fuck was that?" Donghyuck spat.

Jeno gasped, "Is that jealousy I hear in your voice, Hyuck?"

Donghyuck scoffed, "Yeah, right. I'm not jealous." 

He stormed off and Jeno shook his head, "I know jealousy when I hear it."

"In all the years I've known him, I've never seen him act like this." Chenle gestured to the boy walking away from them.

"We all know he starts arguments with Mark just because he wants to end up handcuffed to him, right?" Sungchan looked through the texts Taeyong had sent him.

"Isn't it obvious?" Jisung scoffed.

"Hey," Sungchan showed them the texts, "they found Kun and Hendery just outside of their office."

The rest of them took out their phones and went through the texts themselves. 

"I guess we have another hospital trip after school." Jeno shoved his phone back in his pocket before walking off to his class with Shotaro and Jaemin. 

Mark was already sitting at his desk, book in hand. He looked at them and smiled softly as they sat down. 

"Who was the girl, Hyung?" Shotaro asked. 

"A friend." Mark shrugged, "I met her at the park a few days ago.

"You should watch out, Donghyuck got a little jealous earlier, when you walked away." Jaemin laughed.

"Really? Well, she's openly gay, so..." His voice trailed off as he turned his attention to their teacher.

Huh, she's gay.

«»«»«»«»

Doyoung was the first to arrive at the hospital after he learned that they had found more members. He sat down in Yangyang and Ten's room while he waited for the others to arrive.

"Doyoung?" Ten rasped, "What are you doing here?"

"They found Kun and Hendery." He sighed. "I'm just waiting for them to get here."

"Hendery?" Yangyang sat up. "What about Dejun."

Doyoung remembered what Taeyong told him. Dejun's the target and Yangyang doesn't know.

"We're going to find him." He wasn't technically lying. He just avoided telling the full truth.

Doyoung turned to Jaehyun when the younger sat down next to him. "Are they okay?"