"Sixteen„

«»«»«»«»

"They make us wait on our toes for like a week before dropping off Lucas at the kids' school?"

"How do they know where they are?"

"Why do they know so much about us?"

The two engineers turned to Taeyong who only shook his head, unable to find an answer for them.

A nurse walked up to them and gave them a concerned look. "The guy who did this to him is a pure sadist. A number of wounds in his back, the oldest going back a week. They will heal, but he does have amnesia. Why does he always ask for Mark?"

Doyoung bit his lip, "Because they came to us together. Will he get his memories back?"

"He should within a week to a month."

They thanked her as she walked off, entering Lucas' room to check on him. Jungwoo was already in there, holding the unconscious boy's hand.

Taeyong sighed, only wishing he could've done a better job as a leader. Wishing he could've saved them before they had to be tortured.

«»«»«»«»

"The stares," Jaemin chuckled bitterly, "they never stop, do they?" 

"You get used to them," Mark whispered lowly, "hopefully."

The two of them walked through the halls of their school. They didn't arrive with the other half of the boys because Taeyong decided to take his original half of the gang back to their base. 

It had been decided that the, former, 127 members would move into with the U members. Simply because they had a bigger house. 

The older members, who weren't in school, would start packing up their stuff and taking it over to the other house. 

When the two arrived at their class, Jeno and Shotaro were waiting for them. They mumbled quiet greetings to each other as they sat down. 

"You know, I still don't get it." One of the girls, known as Min Heejin, who threw coffee on Mark spoke up.

"What don't you get?" Mark groaned, mostly out of annoyance and boredom. 

"How do you know Taylor Lee?"

Mark rolled his eyes, "Oh, I don't know, maybe because we grew up together, or because we share the same fucking parents?"

That caught her off guard, "Same... parents?"

"Yes, he's my older brother. Will you drop the topic now? It's getting boring." The girl shrunk under Mark's glare, rapidly nodding her head.

Mark massaged his temples, clearly very annoyed. Shotaro gave him a few, albeit awkward, pats on the back.

Sungchan sat in his usual spot, his desk by the window on the left, in front of his teacher's desk.

It must've been quite obvious that he was only running off of a few minutes of sleep, due to moving back into his own house, because once he had turned in his work, his teacher told him to lay his head on his desk. 

He tried to sleep but he couldn't not without seeing his face. That damned bastard. He brought him home once to meet his parents, Sungchan naively thinking that boy actually loved him. 

Sungchan introduced him as his first love and his "lover" told his parents that he wasn't into boys, that he didn't like Sungchan. His parents threw him onto the streets that night, ashamed of him. Taeyong took him in shortly after, thankfully.