"Thirty„

«»«»«»«»

"If Doyoung, Kun, Yangyang, Shotaro, Chenle, and Jisung please join me in my office, that'd be great." Taeyong's voice rang out through the PA system. 

"What is it?" Shotaro opened the door and joined the rest of them in Taeyong's office.

"We have a slight problem." Taeyong started as the younger sat down. "Sicheng was stabbed last night, and we're going after the guy who did it."

"I thought he was in our basement?" Chenle asked. 

"Oh, he is. We're just going to break him. We're going to get one of three things, the location of more checkpoints, the location of their main base, or the names of other people working in the organization." Taeyong held up a finger with each point. 

"Doyoung, Kun, and I will work alone, Yangyang and Shotaro will pair up and Jisung and Chenle will work together." Taeyong leaned against his desk after Doyoung asked him to stop pacing. 

"That man isn't the only person in our basement," Taeyong sighed. "We still have Kim Youngjin, the men from the checkpoint house, and from last night's bars."

"Yangyang and I will interrogate Youngjin." Shotaro immediately raised his hand, saying that without even consulting the older. 

"Wouldn't you want Sungchan to interview him?" Yangyang asked.

"Nah, Youngjin could easily get under his skin since..." Doyoung gestured to how the two had been dating. 

Taeyong nodded. "Kun, the guys from your bar. Doyoung, the one from ours. I'll take two of the guys from the checkpoint, Chenle, Jisung, you take the other."

"Alright, will we all do this at the same time, or?" Jisung asked.

"No," Taeyong answered simply. "Shotaro and Yangyang will go first, then you and Chenle, then I'll go, then Doyoung and Kun last because acid takes forever."

Yangyang opened his mouth but Jisung closed it. "Don't ask."

After the meeting, Shotaro and Yangyang went to Jaemin to ask him for some advice. 

"You two want to know what, now?" He pulled Shotaro down and cuddled up to him on the couch, Yangyang shyly rubbed the back of his nape. 

"We're going to interview Youngjin, what should we do?" Shotaro asked, trying to get out of Jaemin's embrace but failing. 

"What are you two good at?" 

Yangyang thought for a moment before saying, "Shooting, I guess."

"Alright, then do something with that. Also, I didn't know you were an interrogator, Shotaro." Jaemin kept the younger on his lap. 

After trying so hard to escape Jaemin and failing, Shotaro just leaned into him, giving up. "I'm not, but Taeyong said that my position is indefinite so I should try some things out."

"Like torture?"

"Like... torture." 

Jaemin shrugged and pushed Shotaro off his lap and stood up. "Well, you can go figure out what you're going to do. I am going to get away from the couple who's looking at me like they want me dead." And just like that, he walked up the stairs to his room. 

Shotaro and Yangyang's eyes flitted across the room, looking for the couple Jaemin mentioned. As it turns out, that couple was not, in fact, in the living room. 

Renjun and Jeno were glaring into the living room, but not at Jaemin. They were actually directing their glare at Shotaro. 

"Jealous bitches," Yangyang muttered. "You two should just confess!" He yelled at them.