"Forty"

«»«»«»«»

"You ready?"

"Yeah."

"Thank you for your time with us."

"These have been some of the best years in my life."

Taeyong embraced Hansol one more time before he and Kun boarded the plane. He gave Kun a small thumbs up and the younger smiled and bowed. 

He finally went back into the house. Jaemin was the first to interrogate him. 

"Hyung, where's Hansol and Kun Hyung?"

Taeyong sighed and stroked his hair gently. "Could you organize a meeting for me, please? Tell them to me in the dining room."

Jaemin nodded hurriedly and rushed to get everyone in the dining room. Taeyong entered later while Jaemin and Jisung were entering. 

He stared at the eight other people in the room with him, Johnny still in the hospital. He took out a letter and threw it on the table. 

They stared at it, Doyoung being the only one brave enough to pick it up. He opened it and read the letter, everyone else looking over his shoulder. 

"Is this?" He stared at Taeyong, eyes already started to tear up. 

"Hansol has decided to resign. It's dangerous for him to be here with us. I'm sorry." He kept his face stoic, despite every part of him wanting to break. "Kun is taking him somewhere safe."

The next day, he ran into Doyoung's room. "Get up, the plane crashed." 

Doyoung quickly got to his feet, grabbing what he needed and followed after Taeyong. 

"Sicheng, you're in charge!" Taeyong shouted before leaving with Doyoung. 

It was a quick flight to China. They were immediately taken to the hospital Kun was at. While Doyoung talked to the staff, Taeyong entered Kun's room. 

The younger was barely conscious as he leaned down and pressed their foreheads together. "Thank you," he whispered quietly before exiting and rejoining Doyoung. 

"What about Hansol? Was there anyone else with him?" 

Taeyong made eye contact with the nurse. She shook her head no. "I'm terribly sorry. He didn't make it out alive."

Doyoung tripped over his own feet in shock, Taeyong quickly catching him. He kept his arms around Doyoung, allowing him to cry into his shoulder as he talked with the nurse. 

"Do you have his body?"

"We do-"

"Could you cremate him?" 

"Well- Yes, sir."

"Thank you. Once Kun is out of surgery, I want him brought back to Korea." She nodded and left as Taeyong stood in the hallway, still holding onto Doyoung. 

Kun was treated immediately. Once he was finished with his surgery, he was boarded onto a plane with Taeyong, Doyoung, and an urn of what would be Hansol's ashes. 

They got home the next day and Taeyong called for yet another meeting. He took a deep breath before he finally spoke. "I'm sorry, but Hansol is-"

"Alive?!" Sicheng gapped at the man in front of him. 

"Hey!" He smiled back. 

"Am I fucking hallucinating or am I staring at Ji Hansol?" Lucas whispered in disbelief.