Darkness

The impact was terrible and we were all shaken up. The stone wall was hot and the air passing between the cracks was burning like a heat gun.

 The stone wall was hot and the air passing between the cracks was burning like a heat gun

Armed with my magic shield, I went out to witness the desolation.

Many stones of different sizes were falling. Some so big that atomic mushrooms rose into the sky after impact.

The ground was shaking all the time and cracks were appearing everywhere, causing a cataclysmic volcanic hell.

Then the smoke and the sunlight would disappear.

I knew by science that we would freeze to death and perhaps asphyxiate, our lungs being too big for the oxygen depletion that would follow.

I heard rales... close to me...

The trio of allosaurs...

The parents were mortally burned and lay there, their little one still alive but burned to varying degrees.

They were crying... They knew I was going to tear them to pieces.

But I didn't... I helped the little one up and cast a minor healing spell that relieved most of his injuries.

He bent his dying parents back.

There was nothing I could do for them, they would have needed 2 major restorations and I felt my goddess and mother was unable to bear such a burden for the time being.

A few minutes later, the little one came to me and submitted. His parents were gone.

He began to follow me. Deep down, following me meant a chance to survive, a slim one but a chance anyway.

In my inventory, I had enough to survive for years, for an army...

But the priority was to save a few species.

The little one knew the area and he understood that I wanted to save other creatures like him.

I followed him and we came across T-rex, Allosaur, Carnosaur and Ceratosaur nests and some herbivores. Always the same show. The dead parents on their eggs to protect them.