Back to school.

I was petrified. Today, back to school... I realized that I was a dragon, probably the last one on earth and still, as a human.

But I had signs. The base of my nails were blackening and I felt my teeth being pushed by others. Normally, I would have my adult teeth now but I could feel them growing underneath.

I wanted to see a doctor but I was also terrified of what they would tell me. Also my saliva was really acidic and one time I spit on the ground and the stone melted underneath! like the monsters in "Aliens", the old cult movie.

Also, I had pecs for a girl and every day, I looked more and more like an avid weightlifter.

I had Bishop's number but I didn't know what to say to him. I was afraid... What if we were being watched?

Here, there were still phone booths that had all disappeared in Europe.

This was my chance, but we would know where it came from! There was roaming possible and I found a more expensive system but it consists in entering a number to call the service, making a code for a random country and then the real phone number, if it still existed. 16 years is a long time for a mobile number but you never know. I'll call his house at night... I might have better luck if it's an old number.

In one hour, they will drive me to school and then the boat bus will come to pick me up like all the other kids in the village. The villages were along the river and it was navigable for small boats.

I dialed the number and then I heard the Bishop's number being dialed. Mom was going to kill me for the cost but it was too important for me.

I could hear the bell ringing. The number still existed.

Then I heard breathing.

"Who are you people? Do you know it's 2:00 in the morning? Don't you know how to respect the hours of sleep? Shit, those advertisers! "

He heard "HELP" just before he hung up and had the reflex to hold back his arm.

"What's going on? Ah... you're a child!"

"Professor Bishop? Is that you? "

"There is no Professor Bishop... He died in the cataclysm. I am his brother..."

"Ahhh, I'm lost... You have the same voice... Help.... Help me!"

"The teacher was being bugged and it is dangerous to try to contact him... I'm sorry. But there's nothing I can do for you."

"I'm sorry about "

The professor tensed up.

He said, "By the darkness," and hung up.

He began to cry and Bichnin came behind him to console him.

"Who is it? My love? Who was it?"

"A ghost... a child calling for help..."

Bichnin: "Why did you hang up the phone so abruptly?"

"With computers, you can find everything and spy. You know, Viseron and his infernal clique that is in the government now... He mustn't let it fall on the child."

Bichnine "A child calls for help and you hang up?"

Bishop: "He's one of 'em, I'm sure of it." Shhh, someone might hear us."

"You're getting old and paranoid now."

"Doing nothing is also acting... but if this is one of them and not some twisted plan by those time cops, I've done all I can do before and now I have only one thing left to do: survive with you and be there. I'm just an old man with a cane and an old chair."