Altus IX

The next morning, we knocked on our door and followed the guard. We arrived in a kitchen where we could use bread, milk and ham.

After we had eaten our fill, we were invited to a finely decorated living room where the magus and his apprentice, a master of war and behind us two figures with hoods, probably assassins on a protection mission, were waiting for us. And finally the pontiff... in front of me.

We knelt down and recognized the pontiff prince and he obviously liked it.

"Get up and sit down at our table."

Hot drinks were served and immediately I recognized the smell of poison in the king's cup.

"STOP! POISON!"

The two acolytes had their daggers out to jump on me and the prince looked at his cup.

"Your Majesty, don't drink that cup, there's poison in it..."

The prince motioned to his acolytes to get back into position.

It was a test.

Altus: "Your senses are sharp, even a seasoned taster is not able to detect this poison. But thank you, your intentions are good. In a way, you saved my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Andromedus told me everything.

Do you have any pictures to show us?"

I took out my tablet and they actually saw my magical skills with my dimensional space.

Amazed by the glass tablet, I gave it to them as a token of thanks for their hospitality.

I showed them the manual icon, the photo gallery and how to take pictures. And recharge it with the solar plate on the back.

A priceless gift for them.

The prince was excited to have a new toy and was in a joyful mood.

I looked at Isolde and she smiled at me, but her cheeks were red. She hadn't told them anything.

While the prince and his wizard were looking at pictures of their front region, cached maps and google maps, the wizard was looking at me.

I said, "How are you, did you sleep well?"

Apparently not, she was disturbed.

My tail, under the table, touched her foot and rubbed her calf.

Against all expectations, she lowered her head and started to laugh discreetly. Then she whispered: "Stop!".

I lowered my head but that did not escape the warlord, the apprentice's brother.

Fear and incomprehension marked her face.

Her sister in the grip of the demon....

Then the prince asked me if I could cooperate to help them against the demon lord.

I had a brief glance at the apprentice and I acquiesced to their request.

They left us alone and showed us the castle, the barracks and the armory. They let me access the library.

And, against all expectations, we were free to enter and leave the castle...

But we were observed. I took advantage of it to train Marise.

We made the race around the castle and very slowly, we approached the speed of a galloping horse.

"You have to strengthen your legs and work hard. It would be unfortunate if you fell from a height and broke your neck when you were out of breath."