A ruined romance...

What Marise didn't know was that Alban, deep down, hated her appearance, not her soul. He loved her as a person but rejected her as a dragon.

After a brief, delicious, but tasteless meal for the brother and sister, Altus asked Marise what her intentions were?

To his delight: "I can't wait to get home...I have to train Alban as much as I can unless he wants to come with us."

Alban continued: "We may be in the destroyed world and 10,000 years may or may not separate us.

I am far from being an idiot, even if my sister has studied further, but our world here, "the destroyed world" is a new world, a copy of the original if I understand correctly, and if 10,000 years separate us, that is not the case with your world compared to ours. We are in another dimension, a parallel world. That's how worlds are born too.

I was born here, I've spent my whole life here and I don't see why we should leave.

Is there a threat?"

Marise, Altus and Isolde agreed with Alban's explanation.

"I also add, that the only threat... is you, the Harkonnens and your mother Tiamat..."

Marise: "But Sire,... We saved you from the dragon lord and the orcs who were going to flood here..."

Altus: "The past threat, it is you who frighten us...

You come and go as you please, as if this were your home... You abuse our hospitality, sudden storms, accidents...

Even invisible, you are occupying troops. We haven't even signed an alliance and even the Baltics, our ally and friend, don't trample on our territory like you do.

We help you and tolerate you out of fear.

Then you force our hand" But Altus, not wanting to compromise his chief of guard stopped, seeing that Marise was crying.

Isolde wanted to comfort her but she held her hand, disgusted by the dragon...

Alban: "Come...let's go for a walk to take our minds off things"...

Alban then left with Marise, taking leave of the suserain. Marise cried all her tears...

After a few steps, he took pity on the dragon.

"Alban... I've done nothing wrong here..."

"They are afraid... I am terrified too."

She hugged Alban, but he touched her back a little without hugging her. He didn't like the dragoness anymore... it was too much, yet he didn't let it show.

He returned to the lake.

He said nothing and they were alone.

Then, as they walked... "Forgive me, Alban... I know it's not your fault or mine, but I can't help it... it's too hard. I need support, I need a friend I can count on...

Apart from Tania and a few other dragons who chased Tania, I have no one...

I want someone to support me, to make me feel protected, loved...

She turned towards Alban, her eyes sparkling...

But Alban clenched his teeth, his anger too strong. It was too soon, too fast, too hard.

She closed her eyes, hoping he would kiss her, but he was looking at the lake and the horizon.

When she opened her eyes again, his back was turned, and she breathed a groaning sigh, very faint, but showing that she was disappointed.