30. Message

Ellie's P.O.V

I layed in my bed at 2 am not being able to sleep. I didn't know why but I just couldn't sleep even though I was tired. All I did was change position on that bed.

I had nothing in mind. I kept thinking 'sleep!' the whole time but I couldn't.

My stomach was hurting so much! I started my period today and the first day has always been the worst for me.

I heard my phone pling but I ignored it.

It's time to sleep now! The blue light from the screen won't let me slee- fuck it! I have to see it!

I opened my phone and saw a message from my mom.

Mom: Hello Ellie! It's been a while since I've messaged you. Last time I tried messaging you it didn't send or you just didn't see it. Same goes for Beomgyu. I hope it sends this time and you answer. Well I can't find you and Beomgyu and I'm really worried 😥 I hope you're okay and still alive! When I heard the news about 1 girl and 3 boys being kidnapped from Busan, I literally freaked out. I have told the police and they've been trying to figure out where you are for a while now. Yesterday I met up with them and they said that they found 1 girl and 3 boys in Los Angeles. I hope it's you! Tell me if you're okay if you answer! I hope you're safe ❤️!

I started at the screen. Who sends this message at 2am!? It's probably different timing in Korea. I'll answer later because my brain isn't functioning well right now!

I put my phone down. Now it's time to sleep! Sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep! Nope ain't working! I did look at my phone just now so I'll just look at it again and search 'how to sleep'.

I brought another blanket to cover my stomach and make it warm then I took my phone and searched 'how to sleep when you can't' on Google.

1. Avoid technology, like phones and computers.

And I just did the opposite... Wow!

2. Sleep in a cold room.

3. Relax your body and mind by imagining a relaxing scene.

That's what I'm trying to do.. but nothing!

4. Do the 4-7-8 breathing technique.

Oooh right right.

I breathed in for 4 seconds and held it in for 7 seconds then exhaled for 8 seconds.
I did it a few more times and fell asleep.

-------------------------------------

I woke up next day at 9 am. I woke up late cause I slept late. I would have slept more but I woke up by knockings on my door.

"Ellie-ah!" I heard Beomgyu saying and knocking on my door.

I lazily got up and opened the door for him. "You're still sleeping?! Lazy head!" He said and entered.

I closed the door. "What do you want?" I said in a low and sleepy voice then yawned.

"My mom sent me a message!" He said.

"Me too! She sent it at 2 freaking am!" I plopped myself on my bed.

"Why were you up until 2 am?!"

"I couldn't sleep okay?"

"It's probably because of that Jimin!"

I looked at him in disbelief. "Are you serious right now? I just couldn't sleep, what's wrong with that?"

He rolled his eyes. "Nevermind! Show me your message!"