Chris

"God dammit! God f/cking dammit!" A mans voice yells. I stop in the middle of sidewalk and look at him. He was pacing around a pay phone, angrily. Unfortunately he saw me staring and gave me a glare. "What can't a guy be angry in peace?"
"Sorry," I said. I looked down at the rainy sidewalk and made my way to my shop.
I live in New York City and own a store just down the street of my apartment. There I sell all kinds of little knickknacks and such, it's sort of like an antique shop but with things people might actually want to buy. Business has been a bit slow though, I only moved here a week ago and have done my best to have the place tidy and to have advertising.
I sat at the register reading a book when I heard the bell ring as the door opened. I slammed my book closed and stood ready to greet them. My smile sort of faded as I saw the same angry man walk through the store.
"Good evening," I said, "can I help you?" I tried to keep my nervous smile.
"No thanks." He said, and continued to pace up and down the aisles. He seemed calmer this time. "Hey," he said coming up to me, "you like that book too?" He pointed to the book I was reading. I gave a nervous laugh.
"Oh, um, yeah. It's a play actually, but it's one of my favorites. Surprised they never produced it on an actual stage. Heard it was sort of forgotten for a while."
"Me too, it's very good though. If there were to be a play I'd love to be an actor in it! I love the main character."
"Oh maybe you should put the show on yourself and act in it!" I laughed
"I could never, apparently I'm not good enough to act," he gave a gentle punch to the counter with the side of his fist.
"What do you mean?"
"It's nothing. It's just that I got in a fight with friend who's a play write and I wanted to be in it and-" his voice trailed off. "Sorry, this isn't any of your business. I'll get going." He turned to leave.
"Well I hope you know that your friends play would be nothing without you!" I said quickly. He stopped and looked at me.
"You're really nice, but I guess I wasn't cut out for it."
"I bet you could do anything if you put your mind to it. I always wanted to have my own store so here I am starting out small. Business is slow but I'm patiently getting there."
"That's good advise, thanks a lot," he smiled at me. God was he handsome.
"What's your name by the way?"
"Chris."
"Hello Chris, I'm y/n," I shook his hand.
"Well y/n do you think you'd want to get lunch sometime? I could really use a friend right now and you seem like a great one." I beamed at him.
"Of course. I'd love to!"
"How about tomorrow? When you're off?"
"Sure, I'll be there." After that Chris grabbed a magazine off the wrack and slid it on the counter.
"I'd like this magazine please," he said.
"Of course. My first customer!" I smiled at him while giving him his change. "Have a nice day Chris!"
————————
A/N
Don't think this one is as good but I'll make another Chris one soon :)