Chris part 2

Requested!

*Y/N POV*

"Thank you for walking me Chris," I said. He handed me my heavy book bag and smiled.
"Anytime."
"See you Saturday then?"
"Saturday," he walked off and I took a last glance as he did so.
All period I couldn't get him out of my mind, I mean if you had an option to choose between thinking of college algebra or Chris which would you choose? I had to admit I never really payed much attention to him the first few months of the semester, I thought he was nice and he hung around with Jake Briggs a lot but nothing else. It was today that he really caught my eye, he looked especially good, with his soft, bouncy hair and a green sweater that was rolled up to his elbows, really brought out his arms and hands. And the way he froze up and looked at me really made my heart skip. I caught a couple glances at him when he was with Jake and he looked at me back and I knew I needed to know more of this boy. I watched the clock anxiously, waiting for the end of my Friday afternoon classes.

In what felt like 12 hours Saturday night finally came and I had finally picked out my perfect outfit. Though I was an art student I wasn't really the fancy type, I liked to wear thrifted clothes because well, student debt had me by the belt, and also I'm not that good at dressing in the first place. I made some touch ups in the mirror when I heard the ring of a doorbell.
"Just a second!" I yelled and frantically sprayed perfume and other aggressive, fresh smelling aromas. I pulled my shoes onto my feet as I walked down the small hallway to the door. "Hey!" I said breathlessly.
"Hi," he chuckled. "You look beautiful!" I blushed.
"Thank you! So do you," I motioned to his outfit and admired it. He wore a pink button-down with a brown tie and had a matching, brown sweater over it. His hair looked shiny and combed, per the usual, and the smell of cologne surrounded him, but not too much. God he was so gorgeous.
"Thanks you!" he replied. I felt a sudden jolt of awkwardness as I didn't know what to say next, I looked down at my feet to avoid his gaze.
"Shall we go on?" He said finally.
"We shall." He held out a bent arm and I felt my face turn more red as I linked it with mine.
We walked down the dim street together and admired the town lights. New York wasn't much during the day but at night it was just extraordinary! I loved the way the lights from the shops lit up the sidewalk and the retro-looking neon signs that seemed to brighten up the whole street. It felt perfect for a date.
"So where are we going?" I asked.
"It's a surprise," he smirked. I bit my lip a little as I turned away, he made me feel so giddy. We continued to talk the whole way downtown about our classes and what we were like in high school, or where we were before deciding to go into the arts.

Finally we turned the corner to reveal a large park, it was amazing how something like this could exist in the middle of busy New York. It had a large water fountain that was lit up with colorful streams of light and tons of trees and breathtaking scenery. I could barely remember where I was.
"Wow Chris," I gasped, "this is wonderful!" He grinned and put a warm arm around my shoulders.
"I knew you'd like it." While still holding each other close we roamed around the park and babbled on and on.
"How could you not have dated Chris?" I asked, "you mean to tell me a guy as handsome as you had no admirers?"
"Well, let's just say I had some figuring out to do before I wanted to date."
"Like what?" He went quiet and sighed.
"Just personal stuff," he looked away from me and pretended to be distracted by something else. I was honestly surprised by Chris's life, or at least his compared to any other "artsy" guy I dated. Most were the troubled, tortured souls who were manipulative and all the what not, who were like puppies on a leash when it came to dating. They were just weird. But Chris... he was so genuine and special. He was also really funny and just overall had a comforting aura around him, I was surprised that he only ever hung around Jake. I guess you could consider him picky with people he could call close, I'm glad I was one of them. I grabbed his hand and leaned my head against his arm.
"Getting cold?" He asked.
"A little."
"How would you like to get some hot chocolate? My treat!" I looked up at his dazzling, dark eyes.
"I'd love too!" We made our way out of the colorful park and found a small café nearby. It smelt sweet and like Christmas with all the different smells of hot desserts and drinks.
"Find us a table and I'll order for you," he said. I nodded and found a small booth at the end of the dining area. I looked around at the quiet building. It had warm lights and framed pictures of old New York and newspaper clippings, it felt very nostalgic and home-y.
Chris finally came back with two mugs of hot chocolate and my eyes lit up as I saw the fresh steam coming from the top.
"Thank you!" I said as I eagerly grabbed the white cup and took a sip. I cringed as it burned my tongue but immediately relaxed as I felt my entire body engulfed in warmth. I then noticed Chris who had a cute smile on his face.
"What?" I looked down at my cup and noticed the white whipped cream at the top. "Oh!" I quickly swiped at my mouth with my sleeve to wipe away the mustache it had created on my face.
"Aww no you looked cute!" He giggled. I laughed back and I took another sip of my drink and he did the same.

*Chris's POV*

I watched y/n as she took a second a second sip of the warm beverage. She was so adorable, I loved how pink her cheeks and nose got in the cold, and how her face lit up while at the park. I've never met a girl like her, she was so different than she was in school. She's usually very quiet and will only ever talk during rehearsals or with close friends but here she's shown me a second side of her. She was funny and talented in so many ways, and she was understanding and just right. I loved everything about this girl.
"So," she began, "how are things with the play? Feeling any better about it?"
"Oh, oh yeah, totally! I've actually had it down for a while but y'know how it goes, just nervous sometimes." She nodded.
"And what about you and Jake?" I paused.
"What about me and Jake?"
"I don't know, you too are pretty close so what's you twos friendship like? Are you childhood friends?" I relaxed a bit and laughed at my idiocy.
"No we're not childhood friends, we actually met our last year of private school. He wants to be a play write."
"Oh yeah I heard about that, ever read any of his plays?"
"Yeah, they're... okay."
"Maybe we could produce it one day! I think I've seen one of them before, you played some man with an axe?"
"Yeah I did, we're actually still working on it, we have been since before we moved here."
"Nice, well good luck!"
"Thanks, we'll probably need it," I chuckled. "So how's you're acting going? I think you're really talented, you should audition for a real movie sometime!" Her face went read and she giggled nervously.
"Oh, uh, no I could never. Life after college hasn't really been a thought to me yet. To be honest I might quit theatre." I almost choked on my drink as she said this.
"What? Why?"
"I don't know, I get nervous in front of a camera. What if people don't like me?" What if people don't like her? How could someone not like y/n?
"Well they'd be a fucking idiot to turn you down!" I said confidently, "you really do have a gift though, y/n, it's never too late to give it a shot. A lot of people are looking for young actors like you."
"Then you should try out too," she said. I sighed and laid back in my chair, crossing my arms.
"Did i mention young, good actors?"
"No," She laughed. "But you implied it. I meant what I said though. So what if a few people turn you down? That's just how it works. I'm sure you could land some small roles and get experienced then become a really big star!" I grinned at her support and enthusiasm.
"Thanks y/n."

It was late at night when we made it back to her house, the streets were pretty much empty now and some of the businesses from before were closed, causing the neighborhood to be darker.
"I had a really nice time tonight Chris, thank you for taking me out."
"It was my pleasure!" We reached her door and she turned before walking in.
"We should do it again sometime," she smiled.
"I'd love nothing more," I smiled back. I admired her some more before she left, I couldn't wait to tell Jake, and to see her again on Monday.
"Well, good night."
"Good night," we both turned from each other to go our separate ways when I heard her yell out,
"Chris! Just one last thing!" I looked back as I heard her footsteps get nearer and suddenly I was greeted with a pair of soft lips, my eyes widened in surprise but I immediately reciprocated and held her closer. We stopped and looked at each other lovingly.
"You're face is red," I said.
"Yeah," she looked down at the ground, "from the cold." I smiled again and hugged her tightly.
———————-
A/N
Kind of a bad ending lmao I didn't know what else to put