Eugene Martone

"Can you believe this is happening, Eugene? Can you believe it?" I squealed. Today we were having our first performance as a duo. The place we're performing at wasn't the best but I had been looking forward to this day all week! We were to play at a club that held live music played but artists trying be well known and Eugene and I couldn't miss the opportunity. It's also been heard of to have a few professionals in the music industry come by to listen. This could be our big chance!
    "Me too but just try to act cool and natural okay? Who knows who could be out in that crowd, we need to make a good first impression!" He continued to strum his guitar on the couch and I attempted to make myself look more presentable. He looked up from the instrument.
    "Don't worry too much y/n you look great!" He said with a smile.
   "Alright," I replied. I turned away from the mirror and grabbed my guitar from its stand. I joined Eugene in the sitting area across from him. I pulled the guitar across my lap and positioned it so I could play. I pressed my fingers against the chords of the neck and strummed to see if it was in tune. I then started to play one of my favorite songs. I closed my eyes as I did so and tapped my foot to the beat. I loved playing so much, I loved the feeling of being able to play my favorite songs and see peoples smiles as they watched me. It was a feeling like no other and I knew this is what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
    I was interrupted by accidentally playing the wrong note and sighed.
    "Not again," I mumbled. I started to twist at the tuning handles. As I was doing this I felt a pair of eyes on me and looked towards Eugene, he quickly turned his head away and went back to tuning his guitar. I looked at him to see if he'd look up again but he avoided my gaze.
    For the past few days now the energy between us has felt sort of different, we were starting to get a lot closer and something was just off but in a good way. I think I was starting to have feelings for him but I had a hard time excepting that, especially since I'm unsure if the feeling is mutual. I shook the thought away from my head and turned my attention back to playing.

    Eugene and I stood from behind the curtain on the stage at the club. My heart was racing in anticipation and I had to sit down.
    "Y/n?" He asked, "what's wrong?" He kneeled next to me as he noticed my nervous, heavy breathing. I shook my head.
    "Nothing, just a little nervous a guess," I replied. He put a hand to my face to make me look at him, his eyes were soft and he spoke in a caring voice.
    "Tell me what's wrong y/n, you were so excited why are you so scared all of a sudden?" I looked at him in silence as light tears filled my eyes. I really didn't want to disappoint him.
    "What if they don't like us?" I blurted out, "Or we're just meant to be failures? I don't know what I'd do if that happened, I would never show my face again! This is so sudden!" I pushed his hand away as I rest my head on my hands.
    "Y/n we don't have to do this if you're not ready, we could just leave and play another time."
   "No!" I shouted quickly, "Eugene this is your dream and I wouldn't want to hold you back-"
   "But my dream is to play with you," he said. I stared at him in shock as he said this. "I want to play with you y/n, you're my best friend and I don't want to do this alone," he grabbed my hand and squeezed it reassuringly. My heart fluttered but then went back to normal as I remembered best friend. I sighed and nodded.
    "Let's do it!" The band before us bowed and left the stage and we were left to appear under the bright light. We took a deep breath in unison and walked out to the crowd, they cheered as we came on. Eugene and I looked at each other once more before we started to play. He started out with his beginning solo then I quickly joined in. My anxiety lifted the more I played and the more I heard claps being heard in the crowd. Then drums started to create a beat with the claps and the club went back to its excited cheering and dancing. I opened my eyes and looked beyond the room, I smiled as all the people were enjoying our music. I looked over at Eugene but he was already grinning at me as he played, we nodded to each other and continued.

    Our performance was over and we waved goodbye to the crowd as they cheered us off. Tonight was exhilarating and I've never felt more proud of myself and Eugene, even if it was a small place every performance counts.
    "That was amazing! They loved us!" I cheered. We had made it back to our hotel and we were ready to settle into bed.
    "All thanks to you," he said wiping sweat off of his face, "they loved you!"
    "I can't take all the credit Eugene you were just as good, better even!" I gave him a big grin and jumped around the room excitedly. "When do you think we'll get to do it again?"
    "Soon I hope," he replied. I went to the bathroom to retrieve a cold washcloth to help Eugene wipe his face, he was always so exhausted after performing. I went back to the bedroom and sat down next to him. I wiped his face with the cloth and cooled him off.
    "You really were amazing y/n," he said softly. I smiled at him sweetly.
    "Thank you Eugene, I honestly couldn't have done it without you though. You've given me everything and I probably would've froze in place if you were there," I chuckled and folded the towel in half to place it over his head. As I held it there we looked at each other in silence, we had never been this close before.
    "Y/n I-" he paused and started to look around the room as he avoided my eyes.
    "What's wrong?" I asked. Without saying anything he pulled my hand and the cloth away from him and held my hands.
    "I want to tell you something I just..." he trailed off again.
    "Then just tell me," I reassured him. I waited for a reply and instead of words I got a kiss. I jumped away and stared at him in shock.
    "Oh my god," he exclaimed. "Y/n I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have-" I interrupted him by kissing him again and this time we held it. I felt his face get warm again as he wrapped his arms around my back and squeezed me closer to him. I could feel my heart explode as I felt his lips on mine and ran my fingers through his hair. That exhilarated feeling came to my body again and I never wanted it to end.
    He stopped kissing me and smiled as he took in a breath of air.
   "I've been wanting to do that for the longest time," he said.
   "Me too," I sighed and we continued our night together.
————————-
A/N
Something more wholesome lmao