Daniel LaRusso Pt. 2

It has been about a month since Daniel started tutoring me and to my surprise it has helped a lot! My grades have gone up a ton and I no longer feel embarrassed when called on. The problem is, though, that the more my grades go up, the less I get to be with Daniel.
It was Friday afternoon and eighth period had finally ended. I stayed in my seat and watched as the usual sea of kids filed their way through the door. I continued to write down more notes in my binder when the teacher came up to me.
"Y/n!" She said with a smile on her face. I looked up and gave a fake grin.
"Yes?"
"I have some great news! Today will be your last day of tutoring!" She looked at me with excited eyes waiting for my reaction. My face couldn't help but fall into slight sadness. "Y/n? What's wrong? Aren't you happy?"
     "Yeah, of course I am but..." I got quiet as I tried to think of a good excuse to stay in tutoring. "But I don't think I'm quite ready yet! I mean what if we learn more and I'm just more confused!" Mrs. Jones chuckled.
    "Y/n your grades are remarkable, I doubt you'll be having any trouble from now on." Just then Daniel walked through the door and gave the two of us a quick smile. My heart jolted as I looked at him. I gave my attention back to Mrs. Jones.
    "Are you sure I mean-"
   "If you have any problems with the new material just ask me and I'll help you, okay?" I sighed and looked down at my hands sadly.
   "Yes ma'am." Mrs. Jones pat my shoulder and made her way back to her desk. She grabbed her purse and with a final goodbye she left the classroom. "Hi Daniel," I muttered.
    "Hi, why the long face?"
    "Just a bad day," I lied.
    "Well we don't have to tutor today-"
   "Yes we do!" I interrupted. Daniel looked at me in shock at my sudden remark. I relaxed. "Sorry, uh, yeah we should. I need all the help I can get y'know?" I gave a nervous laugh and Daniel went back to digging in his bag. I watched as he pulled papers from his backpack. He was so cute doing the simplest things.  I was so sad we weren't gonna have this alone time anymore. He's usually with his friends like Freddy or his ex Ali. God I hate her so much. Why can't Daniel realize that he can do better?
     "So are you going to the dance tomorrow night?" Daniel asked. I flinched as my thoughts left me and I came back into the real world.  
    "Dance?"
    "Yeah the Winter Formal! I heard it's gonna be fun!"
     "Oh yeah. I don't usually go to those types of things y'know? And it's not like I dance with anyone anyways."
    "Oh. Well okay." He went silent as he opened his binder. "Come on," he said. I stood up from my desk and went to go sit next to him. He didn't meet eyes with me and even looked a bit disappointed.
     "What's wrong Dan?" I asked.
    "Nothing," he said blankly.
    "You can tell me."
     "It's nothing." I looked at him a bit and smiled. I pretended to laugh and nudged his arm.
    "Come on! Tell me!" Daniel finally smiled and looked at me. We both paused as our eyes met and things went quiet. His his eyes were just as beautiful as they were the first time I saw him.
     "Okay fine! I guess I wanted to ask um... do you wanna go with me? To the dance?" I sat up straighter at his question. I had a shocked look on my face. Daniel asking me to the dance? I couldn't believe it! I felt my heart race as the question echoed in my mind. Then I remembered Daniel was watching me, still waiting for an answer.
    "I'd love to!" I said. Daniel's shoulders relaxed and he smiled.  
    "Great! I'm excited!" We both smiled at each other, I noticed him glance down at my lips. He shook his head and went back to the stack of papers on his desk. "Shall we get started?"
—————————————-
A/N
Hi sorry this one isn't very good, I haven't really had good ideas lately nor have I felt like writing. I can make a part 3 to this though if anyone wants :) I'll try and get back to making more stories with Ralph's other characters soon