Johnny Cade

Requested by miyagido0

   "Oh and look at that one!" Johnny gasped. He pointed to a picture of a shiny, blue car. "Wouldn't it be so nice to drive that? Just you and me?"
    It was the usual Saturday night for me and Johnny, laying together and enjoying each other's company. Tonight consisted of listening to records, drinking hot chocolate, and looking at car magazines. He's actually over quite often but my parents never say anything about it for obvious reasons.
   We've been dating for a few weeks now and I think he's opened up to me so much! He loves talking about the future, leaving home and starting a family, and taking good care of them. He always describes his future as being with me, he truly makes me feel like the luckiest person in the world. I've never met a boy quite like him.
    "Sounds lovely Johnny," I yawned.
   "Am I boring you?" He asked.
    "No of course not! You could never bore me!" That was the one slight flaw that he could never get over, his shyness and insecurity. Trust me I don't think being shy is a flaw, it's adorable how bashful he is, but he's so loved and cared for, how could he not see that?
    "It's just getting late that's all," I said. He didn't say anything back as he closed the magazine and tossed it on the ground. "Johnny?" I asked. No answer. I sat up and shook him gently to try and get his attention. "You know I love you, you're the sweetest boy ever. I mean, why do you think I call you Johnny Cake?" Suddenly a small smile appeared on his face and turned into a light pink color. I knew how he felt about nicknames, especially the Johnny Cake one. He wanted to be tough but he was really like a small puppy in need of some care. He quickly buried his face beneath the covers. I giggled at this.
    "Aw see! I knew you couldn't stay mad!" I shook him some more.
   "I'm not coming out!" He cried.
    "Well you can't stay under there forever!"
   "Watch me!" I sat there for a moment looking at the figure hidden beneath the thick blankets. I smirked as an idea popped into my head, I got up from the bed and crouched down and crawled to his side quietly. I waited a moment until it was completely silent.
   "Y/n?" He asked in a muffled voice. He peeked his eyes from beneath the blanket and looked over at my side of the bed, I then took my chance to pounce on him and attack.
   "Ahhh!" He screamed, immediately followed with contagious laughter. I got up onto the bed and straddled his waist so he couldn't escape, though he had a pretty good swing with his arms. I continued to tickle him until I noticed his eyes water from laughing and I finally stopped. I laid back down onto the bed as he caught his breath.
    "I can't believe you did that!" He panted.
   "I did it once I'll do it again!" We laughed again. Finally his breathing settled and it was silent again. I looked out the window at the bright moon shining down from behind the clouds, with the sound of the television downstairs playing in the background.
   "Johnny," I said.
   "Yeah?"
   "You do know I love you, right?" He adjusted himself to face me while resting his head on his hand, he had a slight concerned look on his face.
    "Of course! Why wouldn't I?"
   "I don't know, because I feel like you don't sometimes. You don't see yourself the way I do." He didn't say anything again. "I understand that though," I continued, "with your parents and all that. But I promise you whatever they tell you or do to you, they're wrong. They're drunks and their not well," I put my hand on his in reassurance. "Because I think you're the sweetest boy in the whole state, the whole world even! You make everyone in your life so happy and you mean a lot to people. So don't be hard on yourself." He was still quiet for a bit, he never knew how to take these things considering he didn't get much of it for a lot of his life. It was still unbelievable how his parents could be, he's so lucky to have the friends he has. They protected him with all that they had and even that was barely a lot.
    "You really mean that?" He finally spoke.
    "One hundred percent." He looked at me for a while before speaking again, I'm usually very loving with Johnny anyways but I guess I never really took the time to fully express it, I didn't even know what I was feeling at the time. It was special though, and all for him.
    "I love you so much y/n" he said.
    "I love you more Johnny Cake."
    "Stop that!" He cried and quickly turned away with his head under the covers again.
——————————
A/N
Thank you all so much for 500 votes!!