Daniel LaRusso Pt. 3

Saturday night had arrived at last and I was ecstatic with anticipation. All day I ventured around town trying on various formal outfits and shoes until my feet were sore. This date was very important to me, I wanted to look just right for it. Sometimes I wondered what Daniel would be wearing and my heart went all mushy at the thought of him in a tuxedo, smiling at me, telling me I'm beautiful, then finally going off into the moonlight is his yellow car.
I took one good look in the mirror at myself. This was it, I couldn't mess it up. Ever since our last tutoring session I've had the inkling feeling that his feelings for me could be mutual, my heart skipped a beat just thinking about it. Then it sank at the thought of Ali, I remembered the Halloween dance when she interrupted Daniel and I's first meeting.
What if he goes back to her? What if he's using me to make her jealous? I thought. I could never compare to a popular girl like her. I shook my head in frustration, trying to empty the negative thoughts. I gave a stern look to the mirror. Tonight is going to be great.
"Y/n!" I heard my mom yell below me. My heart leaped and my eyes got wide. He's here! I quickly ran down the stairs and yelled a goodbye to my mom. I opened the door to a smiling Daniel, he wasn't wearing a suit but he did wear a black button down and black pants. He looked... I can't even say it.
"Hi," I said bashfully.
"Hi," he said back. "You look great! Ready to go?" I responded in an excited nod. He chuckled, and grabbing me by my hand he led me to his car. Once we got there he opened the passenger door and motioned me inside. "M'lady?" He smiled.
"Thank you kind sir!" I said in a posh, British accent, we laughed.

Fifteen minutes into the ride there we were already having a blast. We spent a while jamming out to the radio, then talked about our hobbies and what we were really like outside of tutoring. I learned a lot about Daniel's karate lessons, every week he looked more fit and muscular. He was strong. Finally there was a silence.
"Daniel?" I asked.
"Hm?"
"Why'd you ask me to the dance?" He took his eyes off the road for a split second to look at me.
"I don't know, just thought it'd be fun. I didn't weird you out or anything did I?"
"Oh no, no, no! I was just asking. I usually never have this stuff happen to me. I'm quite the lone wolf," I gave him a small smile.

We had finally made it to the school gym where we could hear music being blasted from the inside. A jumble of kids were gathered at the entrance trying to shove tickets and money to enter the building. When we finally got there the door had cleared up and we got in with ease. I looked around the crowded room. Colorful lights lit up the building and streamers and balloons decorated the walls and corners. There was a long table of snacks and such and a group of teachers acting as dj's.
"Wanna dance?" Daniel asked as a new song started to play.
"Sure!" We entered the dance floor and started to groove. We laughed at each other's silly dance moves and at that moment I felt like we were the only ones there. I felt so like myself around him I couldn't explain it.
The song ended and Daniel rest his hands on his knees as he panted.
"How are you already tired? Don't you do karate?"
"Oh hush!" He laughed, "I'm gonna go get us some drinks. Find a table to rest at." He walked away and I did as told. I sat down in the folding chair and watched the various couples dance together, smiling and laughing. Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Ali looking over me.
"Um, hi?" I said confused.
"Hi, how are you?"
"I'm fine."
"Good to hear. I see you're here with Daniel."
"Yeah I am, he asked me actually. He's pretty great huh?" I said this as if to rub it in.
"Yeah he is. How's he been?"
"Good." Ali nodded as I didn't say anything more. Daniel walked up to the both of us, handing me a cold cup of red punch.
"Hi Ali," he said quite bitterly. I noticed her fixing her hair and dress.
"Hello Daniel, funny seeing you here!"
"Yeah just like it's funny seeing you getting devoured by a football player," He snapped. He set his drink down on the table and grabbed my hand. "Excuse us," he pulled me from the chair and back onto the floor where we were buried behind the group of dancing couples. "Sorry about that," he apologized.
"It's alright, she knows what she lost. Forget about it," we smiled at each other. We danced to the song currently playing for a while till the dj switched it to a slow song by surprise. We both paused and looked at each other.
"May I have this dance?" He asked with a smirk.
"Certainly," I wrapped my hands around the back of his neck as I felt him grip my waist, I inhaled deeply at the feeling of him. He giggled. In the beginning there was sort of a distance between us as I had never really danced with a boy, but as it went on I could feel the slight pull of his arms as he pulled me closer to him, eventually meeting in a hug. I sighed and rested my head in his neck. He smelled so nice and his hair felt soft against my cheek. It was like being in a dream. I closed my eyes for a while and really took in the moment.
I can't believe this is happening! Oh my god! Just then he pulled out of the hug but still held me close and looked me in the eyes.
"Daniel?" Then he leaned in and kissed me. In surprise I pushed him away for a bit, just looking at him. I could see panic in his eyes as he felt he had probably messed up. But once I contained myself I finally smiled and kissed him once more. God it was so amazing. We stopped and continued dancing in each other's arms. I opened my eyes and peered from Daniel's shoulders to see Ali giving us a sad and jealous look. I didn't even try to hide my mischievous smile and continued my night of bliss.
—————————-
A/N
I'll get back to writing about more characters now haha