Ralph Macchio

Requested by Liv2834h

The sun had just barely shown through the blinds as I felt soft pecks against my cheeks. I smiled and reached my hand up to touch the sweet face above me.
"Happy Valentine's Day Olivia," a raspy voice whispered.
"Happy Valentine's Day Ralphie," I turned over and laid a final kiss on his lips. "Any big plans for today?" I asked.
"Possibly," he raised his eyebrows at me then got up from the bed. I watched him as he stretched and ran his fingers through his thick, soft hair. He was so handsome, I was excited for what he had planned for this year. He was always up to something when it came to days like this, there's never been a time where each birthday, holiday, or anniversary have been a forgetful one, makes me wonder how he does it.
Ralph disappeared into the kitchen for a bit as I shut my eyes for some more rest. About an hour later I was woken up again, this time the room was brighter and the aroma of pancakes filled the house. I felt a hand gently tuck my hair behind my ears.
"Happy Valentine's Day again baby," Ralph said. He picked a tray up off my nightstand and laid it across my lap.
"This look delicious! You made it all by yourself?"
"Sure did, nice to know I'm capable of something huh?" He laughed.
"Never said you weren't," I grabbed the cutlery and sliced into the soft cake. I sighed as the batter and syrup melted in my mouth, leaving a sweet aftertaste as it went down my throat. I took a sip of juice and noticed Ralph staring at me.
"What?" I asked.
"Nothing, I just like looking at you." I blushed and put a hand up to my face to hide it.
"You always say that!"
"Because it's true! Now listen," he hopped back up on the bed and held my hand, "how about we go out today? For a picnic perhaps?"
"A picnic?" I gasped, "Really? I'd love that!" I set my fork down and reached over to huh his neck. He placed his arms around my waist and squeezed me tighter.
"Great! I have it set already so we can leave whenever you're ready."
"Then I'll be ready right away!" I set the tray down and made my way to the bathroom to shower and get ready for the special date.

It was around lunchtime now and I was finally making some finishing touches to my outfit. I added some necklaces and rings to really add some sparkle and put a few more sprays of hairspray, my do wasn't going anywhere. With some puffs of perfume to drown out the hair product smell I finally exited the bathroom. I opened the door to see Ralph had already gotten dressed as well, he wore a pink button down and black slacks and had his hair fluffed up in its usual side part. He turned away from the mirror and grinned at me.
"Wow, I must be the luckiest guy in New York!" He walked over to me and pulled me in for a kiss, "Or the entire world! You look wonderful darling." I felt myself blush and looked down at the floor bashfully.
"So do you," I said. I heard a chuckle escape his lips at my sudden shyness.
"Ready to go then?" I looked up at him again.
"Of course!" I followed him to the kitchen where he retrieved a basket from the fridge and a folded blanket that he had set on the counter. He opened the door for me and we walked out to the car to start our day.

We made it to the park at last and I sighed in relief to see not many people out so it'd be a nice day to have a picnic alone.
"It's beautiful out here isn't it?" Ralph asked as he got our things.
"It is! The weathers just right!" We went passed the entrance of the park and I admired the spacious-ness of it all. Lots of beautiful grass and plants being grown along with a a fountain and paths leading up to it, decorating shapes into the ground, it's like we weren't in New York at all.
"I think right here is perfect!" I looked to see Ralph had already found a good spot under the sun. I grinned and trotted over to him. We opened the blanket and spread it out across the grass, we then opened the basket that revealed our Valentine's Day lunch. There was a plate that held a small pyramid of sandwiches, a bowl of fruit salad, a small cake, a platter of cheese and crackers, a large jar of water and a bottle of wine. I helped bring out all the dishes and made sure everything looked good and organized. I peeled the plastic wrap off the food.
"This all looks so good Ralph, I can't wait!"
"Well dig in, you can have as much as you'd like!" I grabbed two slices from the sandwich pyramid and a couple spoonfuls of fruit.
"How about a toast?" pulling out the wine that was chilling in the basket, he poured the dark drink into two glasses. "To us!" He declared in a fancy accent.
"To us," I giggled. With a small clink we took a sip then dug into the delicious meal.
Halfway through Ralph opened the small cake box. I smiled at how cute and pretty it was, it was decorated with strawberry icing and had chocolate trim with a heart on top that was also written in chocolate.
"Care for a slice?"
"You know it," I said with a watering mouth.

Almost another hour later we were stuffed and there were only crumbs to fill the empty dishes. We packed everything up again and took a stroll through the park before leaving.
"This was all so great Ralphie, you never fail to make the day so amazing. This is probably one of my favorite dates yet."
"I'm glad you think so! You know I'd do anything for you and that I love you, making you feel special is what I'm here for. I don't want you to forget how beautiful and happy you make me. Ever." He wrapped an arm around my waist pulled me to him, I rested my head against his shoulder.
"What'd I do to get so lucky?"
—————————————
A/N
Sorry I took so long to write your request! Hope you enjoyed! xx